If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
IITA is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
- IITA is recruiting a Head for the newly established Data and Information Management Unit. IITA is investing in order to be at the cutting edge of ICT and fully explore the potential of data and information management and its utilization/or use in agricultural research for development.
- We are thus looking for a highly experienced, motivated and visionary leader that can develop a strong, dynamic and efficient data and information management unit that will support, inspire and be well-integrated with the research teams as well as with other administrative support units.
- The Head of the unit reports to the Deputy Director General for Research for Development (R4D).
The mandate of the unit includes:
- ICT - hardware and infrastructure
- Development of and support for administrative databases and financial management information system (Oracle is the current solution)
- Management of institute repositories (e.g. bibliography, crop databases, spatial data, genetic resources, images etc)
- Implementation and management of institute web-based platform
- Leadership and support for transition to and full implementation of open access/open data
- Support to scientists in data management and data analysis
- Digital knowledge management
- The candidate should have a minimum of MSc or equivalent degree in relevant area
- At least 10 years experience in the area of data and information management
- Expertise in one or several of the unit’s mandate areas
- Demonstrated experience in successful organizational development
- Gender awareness
- Experience of working in a multicultural environment
- Fluency in English
- Initial appointment is for three years. IITA offers a competitive remuneration package paid in US dollars.
Method of Application
Applicants should forward their Applications include covering letter which should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, curriculum vitae, names and addresses of three professional referees (which must include either the Head of the applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work).
Interested and qualified? Go to IITA - International Institute of Tropical Agriculture career website on jobs.iita.org to apply