If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is one of the world's leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Our award-winning research for development (R4D) addresses the development needs of tropical countries. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture.
The Communication Specialist will report to the Managing Director of the ATTC Project.
- Lead the development and implementation of the communication strategy for the project to
- improve its visibility.
- Support the manufacturing and distribution companies of Aflasafe to develop and promote the
- aflasafe brand.
- Support the awareness creation component of the project.
- Develop and implement communication plans and campaigns to support ATTC project activities,
- and promote results and impact among investors/donors, partners, beneficiaries, and the general
- Lead all public events organized by the project such as launches, business meetings, products
- presentations, networking events.
- Capture and write up stories about ATTC work for a range of stakeholders and platforms in
- various formats including video, radio, stills, website and print publications.
- Generate/contribute written content and provide editing and quality control in the production of
- various publications and project documents such as progress reports, newsletters, annual
- highlights, R4D Review, among others
- Plan, edit and design a variety of print products/ publications using desktop publishing tools.
- Regularly monitor and report on website analytics to inform digital strategies online.
- Redesign the Aflasafe website, enrich content, provide editorial support and offer guidance to a
- widening pool of website contributors.
- Create and manage the project’s social media channels, uploading information and materials;
- monitoring comments and giving feedback.
- Mentor and train program staff in a variety of communications and digital media skills (e.g. social
- media, writing blogs, editorial style and guidelines, brand).
- Educational Qualifications
- The candidate should have a Master’s degree in in Communications, Journalism, Media Arts.
- 5+ years of professional experience in corporate, or developmental communication; direct
- experience of working in private sector preferred.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Relevant experience with website production and maintenance, digital media production and
- management, and design.
- Relevant experience in the development and promotion of brands.
- Experience in designing and organizing high level business and advocacy/policy events.
- Good oral and written communication in French is an advantage.
The contract will be for a period of three years based on performance and
availability of funding. IITA offers internationally competitive remuneration package paid in U.S.
Method of Application
Applications must include covering letter which should address how the candidate’ background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, curriculum vitae,names and addresses of three professional referees (which must include either the Head of the applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her present
or former place of work). The application should be addressed to the Head, Human Resources Service.
Please complete our online application form here: http://www.iita.org/careers
Interested and qualified? Go to IITA - International Institute of Tropical Agriculture career website on www.iita.org to apply