Career Opportunities at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
Posted on: 22 August, 2016
Deadline: 23 August, 2016
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
The Service holder is directly responsible to:
- Ensuring at least 90%availability on site, patrolling to indentify unsafe acts and unsafe conditions.
- Ensuring that hazards in workplace are properly identified and corrected immediately where possible, or reported to Company and Contractor management.
- Ensuring that all activities carried out on site are duly approved by Contractor’s PTW system and an approved Work Order is issued.
- Ensuring that JSA is conducted for all critical activities and that the hazard control measures are in place before commencement of work.
- As may be required, participate in Risk Assessment reviews. PTW administration, site tours or any other Contractor HSE supervision function.
- Perform HSE inspection of work sites and issue daily report to Company through the HSE Supevisor.
- Stop every activity that can lead to an incident or injury of personnel and ensure that the risk is controlled before work resumes.
- Closely follow up with the implementation of HSE procedures on construction sites of contractors and subcontractors.
- Participate in daily toolbox meetings with the contractor’s HSE supervisors on site.
- Advise Company HSE Supervisor on resources and materials required for adequate coverage of HSE supervision of site.
- Monitor the implementation and close-out of HSE actions from anomaly reports, inspection and audits of contractor and subcontractor sites assigned.
- Ensure that contractors and sub-contractors comply with all the relevant HSE requirements as per Contractor’s HSE procedures, Company HSE expectations and other relevant international regulations and standards.
- When designated, participate in incident investigations and ensure that relevant information is obtained from sources.
- Degree in Engineering or Safety Related Certification.
- Minimum 5 years working experience in the Oil and Gas production projects, with minimum 3 years on position(s) of similar HSE responsibilities.
- Experience in shipyard recommended.
- Thorough knowledge of risk assessment techniques, SERVICE safety analysis.
- Administrative skills including proficiency in typical office applications (Words, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Fluent in English and ability to communicate well at all levels within the Company.
- Geographical mobility.
- To ensure that all construction activities related to his discipline are performed safely and efficiently in line with company objectives.
- To oversee the activities of all site teams within his discipline to ensure that all technical, contractual and cost information is properly recorded, collated and available for inspection/reference as required by company policy.
- To identify deficiencies and develop solutions to identified construction problems.
- Reviews of vendor’s documents and verify/check rotating machine arrived at workshop.
- Comments on the contractor documents related to his discipline in due time. Review and comment site queries related to electrical works and co-ordinate the response with electrical engineer leader.
- Monitor QC activities within his discipline
- To manage construction interfaces within his discipline with others (engineering, other sub-projects, commissioning) arbitrating between different disciplines, the only criterion being the overall good of the project.
- To maintain good relationships with contractors, being relatively flexible, proactive but also strict when necessary to achieve the objectives of the project.
- To ensure that safety remains the main priority on the construction site at all times and attend the toolbox meetings
- To ensure that the construction yards are provided with suitable information in line with requirements (technical & schedule), troubleshooting any technical problems that could affect construction/ fabrication.
- To identify critical activities and potential bottlenecks for the progress of the works.
- To inform periodically to Construction Yard Representative about the progress activities and area of concern.
- To prepare or help to prepare reports for company, partners, and authorities as required.
- To stay vigilant and maintain continuous awareness of hazards and surroundings.
- To participate to local programs or initiatives to improve HSSE performances.
- To report to Management on any issue they may face or observe and propose way of improvement.
- To also take care of colleagues safety and behavior without hesitating to intervene as much as necessary.
- To carefully assess hazards and risks when changes occur.
- To give his own input and making sure the workplace is safe (obviously clean and tidy).
- When in doubt, ask questions to gain clarification.
- Professional experience (number of years): 10 years of relevant construction experience in Oil and Gas production projects
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Language: English fluent
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Amaiden Energy NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Graduate Front Desk Officer at Beneprojecti Nigeria Limited
- Assistant Business Development Manager at eRecruiter Nigeria
- Job Vacancies at Fadac Resources
- Engineering Vacancy at Energi Talent Resourcing
- Onstream Group Recruiting HSSEQ QA/QC Managers
- Job Openings at AOS Orwell
- Accountants at Integrated Oil & Gas Limited
- Job Openings at an Oil and Gas Firm - Vic Lawrence and Associates Limited