IGNITE AFRICA is a non-profit organization that focuses on training, mentoring, coaching and business exhibitions dedicated to the notion that all people have the ability to live happier and healthier lives. We help individuals and communities to attain the next level of success, fulfillment and life mastery.
Minimum of 3months commitment required
Unlocking student potential by raising reading achievement.
Purpose of position:
To consciously transform each child's reading experience and aid to help a set of 10 students in a school, who have fallen behind in reading, to achieve success. Through creative and fun methods, inculcate a love of reading, and promote the habit of reading amongst students. More than simply reading with students, our Reading Partners follow a proven, structured system to help students learn specific skills necessary to become proficient readers. It's simple, and it works).
- Ensure that students gain the critical reading skills they need to prepare them for academic, social, and civic success.
- Hold and attend bi-weekly book club meetings, as well as provide reading/tutoring assistance to students - non-readers, struggling readers, and ensure continuous book reading among readers.
- The Reading Partner is responsible for the collection & distribution books among club members during club meetings.
- The RP engages students by developing discussion questions and creative/fun methods for club discussion days.
- Identify club members with peculiar reading challenges and propose possible solutions.
- Submit bi-weekly extensive report on club members reading, comprehension and discussion performance.
- Represent and Advocate the Ignite Africa Leadership Foundation Mission at all times.
- Attend pertinent scheduled trainings and meetings.
- A reading partner should to be passion driven, possess personal values/principles and should be people (esp. children) friendly.
- Must love reading.
- Possess great inter-personal communication skills and ability to interact with people of diverse cultures, religious beliefs etc.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Professional disposition; organized, reliable and flexible.
- No prior experience required; we train our Reading partners.
- Gain or improve skills on Child tutoring/grooming, public speaking and intercommunication
- Self development.
- Free access to the basic library and discounted prices on all paid library offerings (Resource Center and Advanced Library)
- For a service well done, an IALF certificate of selfless service and recommendation.
- Access to pertinent trainings and workshops.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Ignite Africa career website on www.igniteafricalibrary.org to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.