Vacancy in an E-Commerce Startup via eRecruiter
Posted on: 22 August, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Online Sales / Marketing
View All Jobs at eRecruiter Nigeria
Our client is seeking an Upper Quartile candidate to take on a Mid-Level Finance Manager role with their exciting new E-Commerce Business launch. The E-Commerce Startup was founded by proven eCommerce entrepreneurs in Nigeria.
- Manage the Finance Department, develop and implement a contemporary cost effective accounting system that will meet the challenges and objectives of the company
- Co-ordinate the budget preparation, monitoring and control process, in line with agreed policies and procedures
- Participate in business strategic planning process
- Develop, review and circulate annual business planning guidelines/ assumptions to all departments
- Define and communicate corporate accounting guidelines, including chart of accounts, periodic closing schedules as well as reporting requirements
- Assist business units within the company to maximise profit and minimise costs.
- Ensure required financial reports are provided to relevant units within the business on a timely basis.
- Monitor organisational cash flow and liquidity to ensure the availability of funds required to finance daily operations, business plans and budgets.
- Develop/update the management information report framework and templates, including defining the model for data and information gathering across the Group
- Develop, review and update monthly, quarterly and yearly financial forecasts and ratio analysis
- Ensure accuracy of financial records and compliance with best practices in financial management and reporting
- Prepare, analyse and review key management reports
- Coordinate the periodic review of costs/ expenditure, identify and implement cost saving measures.
- Plan, co-ordinate and control the financial analysis and evaluation of projects to provide relevant information for management decision making
- Ensure all CAPEX and OPEX purchases are within budget, board approval and manual of authority
- Coordinate the computation and filling of tax returns for all Federal, State and local taxes including related reports to ensure compliance with tax laws and regulation.
- Ensure ample and proper documentation of all tax returns, support receipts and certification.
- Provide accounting support and guidance to all departments within the organisation
- Developing Procedural SLA's for the finance Dept. and maintain SLA's with other Departments.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the CEO/Board of Directors
- Note: this is a Start-Up environment and this role requires strong entrepreneurial mentality
- Excellent knowledge, understanding and experience of accounting concepts, principles and practices regarding budgeting and management reporting
- Strong skills and demonstrated capability to anticipate issues of strategic importance and lead/ utilise available resources to develop effective solutions
- Highly detail oriented
- If you are looking for a typical 8-5 job, this role is NOT for you…There will be some long days
- A good university degree (plus an MBA degree is a clear advantage)
- Professional accounting qualification (i.e., ACA, ACCA or Equivalent)
- At least 3-4 years’ experience within Consulting, Assurance, Accounting and General Finance
- Experience in big 4 accounting firm a clear advantage
Salary: 4,000,001 - 5,000,000 P/A
Please do NOT apply if you do not meet the key requirements above
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to eRecruiter Nigeria career website on jobs.erecruiterafrica.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about eRecruiter NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- PHP Developer at Livio
- Information Technology Roles at PayPorte.com
- Senior Analyst, Customer Life Management At Konga
- 3PL Regional Manager at Jumia Nigeria
- Graphic Designer and Online Marketing Executive at Cresttoys
- Pallet Truck / Forklift Operators at 478 Limited
- IT Asset Management Associate at Jumia Nigeria
- Content Creator at Konga.com