Jobs at Marie Stopes International Oganisation Nigeria (MSION)
Posted on: 22 August, 2016
Deadline: 29 August, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Marie Stopes
Marie Stopes International Oganisation Nigeria (MSION) is a results-orientated non-Governmental organisation that believes that women and men have the right to choose when they have children. MSION is part of Marie Stopes International Global Partnership which operates in 43 countries and is one of the largest non-Governmental provider of family planning in the world. Working with Government of Nigeria and in partnership with other organisations, MSION provides family planning and other reproductive healthcare services to underserved communities. Our goal is to improve access to family planning and related reproductive health services enabling individuals to have children by choice not chance.
Reporting to: Research, metrics & Evaluation Manager
Duration: 15 months (Renewable)
- The Drug Shop Pilot Project Coordinator will work closely with the Technical Services Director in ensuring that implementation of the drug shop pilot study is delivered efficiently and effectively in accordance with donor requirements and MSION broad strategic objectives.
- Specifically, with guidance and oversight of Research, Metrics and Evaluation Manager, the position holder is responsible for overall technical and implementation and coordination of Drug shop pilot project.
- S/he oversees assigned project planning, ensures implementation, with a focus on results, and financial accountability for the project.
- S/he works closely with the Assistant Director Field Operations, and other MSION project managers, to ensure that there is full integration at implementation level within MSION, other donors, implementing partners, and CSOs activities.
- The Drug Shop Pilot Coordinator is responsible for meeting all assigned projects’ technical, financial, and project monitoring obligations, ensuring deliverables, and project results specified and agreed with donors are achieved.
Duties and Responsibilities
Technical and Project management:
- Under the oversight of the Research, Metrics, and Evaluation Manager, oversee all aspects of the Drug Shop Pilot implementation including:
- Provide technical input into the design, planning and delivery of implementation research projects Lead in the execution of Drug Shop Pilot activities according to plan and donor guidelines.
- Identify, build and maintain relationships with stakeholders and partners who provide technical expertise on the project
- Lead in the development of forms, set up files to ensure that Drug Shop Pilot information is appropriately documented and secured
- Monitor progress of Drug Shop Pilot project, and make adjustments as necessary to ensure successful completion
- Ensure each component of the Drug Shop Pilot is implemented on time and within budget and at the required level of quality.
- Prepare and submit regular program monitoring reports to MSI London according to schedules and guidelines
- Lead in writing Drug Shop Pilot reports, position papers, and updates as required
- Translate research evidence to actionable insights to inform programme scale-up
- In consultation with the appropriate manager, recruit, interview and select staff and/or volunteers with appropriate skills for pilot activities.
- Support in the performance management of project team.
Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation:
Work closely with the RME Manager to:
- Track project indicators and assess the performance of the PPMVs and referral sites to demonstrate progress
- Prepare and submit regular technical and progress reports to MSI London according to schedules and guidelines
- Support the preparation of financial reports and project documentation.
- Ensure relationships and networks with stakeholders, and relevant private, public and not-for-profit organizations are created and maintained with a view to strengthening MSN's impact and future funding opportunities
- Liaise with service delivery (Outreach, Clinics and Training teams), sales and social franchise teams and other stakeholders to ensure projects are integrated at all levels.
- Ensure strong links between communication and community mobilization activities, at the systems level.
- Work with the Quality Assurance team and the USAID FP Compliance Lead to:
- Ensure compliance with USAID rules and requirements
- Ensure compliance with MSI and MSION policies regarding project management and procurement
- Master degree in Public Health, the Social Sciences or related discipline is required
- At least 5 years quantitative and qualitative research experience in Family Planning and Reproductive Health programming and/or research an asset
- At least 5 years’ experience in project management, including financial management
- Experience in USAID / DFiD or other donor funded projects an asset
- Proven excellent implementation research skills including the use of SPSS, STATA, or R, and Nvivo, or Atlas Ti)
- Outstanding project management abilities including strategic guidance and planning skills
- Excellent ability to present and write technical reports for multiple audiences
- Ability to work well with teams
- Must be able to satisfy stakeholders
- Should be able to work in deadline driven/results orientated atmospheres
- Strong people management skills
Attitude / Motivation:
- Motivated personally and professionally to develop
- Willingness to travel as requested
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by email with CV's and suitability statement as a single attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject of the email should be the Position Title/Location and the CV/Suitability statement should be saved in the applicant’s full name.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisting will start as soon as we start receiving applications and deadline might be changed without prior notice.
- MSION is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving gender balance within the organization. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Marie StopesSimilar Jobs
- Job Opportunities at The United Nations World Food Programme
- Field Enumerator (Baseline Survey) at Mercy Corps Nigeria
- Senior Advisor at Marie Stopes International
- Project Manager-STEER at Save the Children Nigeria
- Fresh Jobs at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Latest Jobs at PYXERA Global
- Human Resource Officer at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Emergency Coordinator at Malteser International