The American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking for a temporary Play Group Teacher. This position is local position and opens to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The playgroup teacher is responsible for developing and implementing work schemes and lesson plans in line with the requirements of the school stage. This involves organizing and developing the nursery learning environment and resources. The activities involved in the playgroup classes will constitute more of playing, creating games and activities, music & singing, cuddling, and general looking rather than formal "teaching". Playgroup teacher works in pre-school, nursery classes with children aged between three and five.
DETAILED LISTING OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Uses appropriate learning materials and equipment that reflect the accommodations for assessed student learning styles.
- Creates a flexible elementary grade program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth
- Establishes effective rapport with pupils.
- Motivates students to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for upper elementary grade education in accordance with each student’s ability
- Establishes good relationships with parents and other staff members.
- Evaluates students’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports.
- Communicates with parents through Parent-Teacher Meetings, Open Day and other means to discuss students’ progress and interpret the school program.
- Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Selects the required books and instructional aides;
- Supervises students in out-of-classroom activities during the school day.
- Participates in school committees.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Requirements for the position:
- Nigerian Certificate in Education conferred by colleges of education with minimum of three years teaching experience in same or similar position.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Knowledge of subjects assigned, curriculum and instruction with the ability to instruct and manage students.
- Ability to create classroom environment conducive, to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
Description of Benefits:
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit their resumes, cover letters and references to email@example.com before the closing date of this publication. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.