The OOPL ventures Limited is a leading hospitality, tourism and service organization with various established and growing business. To take on the challenge of building and sustaining the businesses inside the OOPL, and to contribute to the vision of making the OOPL a self- sustaining institution, the OOPL Ventures Limited is seeking the services of a suitably qualified candidate with international training
Reports To: General Manager
- The Deputy General Manager reports to the General Manager and He/she is responsible for assisting the GM in managing general operations on a day to day basis to assure optimum performance and continual improvement in the five Key Result Areas (guest service, employees, sales/marketing, property appearance, and profit/financial control.
- He/she deputises for the general manager in his absence, Coordinates, directs and manages the staff and everyday hotel operations to achieve profitability, guest satisfaction and efficiency while maintaining standards set by the company in assuring 100% guest satisfaction.
- Assist the General Manager in the overall management of the operation of the resort
- Assist the General Manager in reaching the sales, management and financial targets
- Coordinate and organise guest services on a daily basis
- Integrate, train and supervise the resort’s team
- Assist in ensuring a safe environment for property and people by anticipating and preventing risks
- Support and work with all Head of Departments in all aspects of running the resort
- Ensure the premises are in operative condition as per category of the unit to receive & serve the guests
- Ensure SOP implementation in all departments and check the same during routine operational checks
- Monitor the purchase / indent / requisitions of each department, the accounts receivable (collection from debtors) and the accounts payable (payable to the vendors / suppliers etc).
- Randomly inspecting the stores (F & B / Kitchen) to check the stock in hand (quality, par stock levels, expiry etc) with the F & B Manager & Chef.
- Dealing with Suppliers / Vendors for quality products involving Purchase Manager and providing performance assessment of vendors every quarter
- Inspecting all department with their respective Manager’s for cleanliness, ambience, service readiness, staff grooming & hospitality culture
- Monitor the co-ordination between all departments for smooth & efficient operations
- The DGM would have supervisory responsibility on all activities of the business.
- Qualifications- Education and Experience.
- Graduate degree in Social Sciences or related field
- At least 10 years of professional experience with a minimum of 5 years progressive work experience
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry would be an added advantage.
- Membership of professional association is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral English language abilities are required
- At least one local languages is desired
- Proficient in MS-Office Suite (especially Excel)
- Previous use of computer packages and hospitality industries applications a plus
- General Company staff
- Subsidiaries Staff
Method of Application
Applicants should forward a copy of their cv to: email@example.com, making the job title the subject of the mail.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.