If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is a leading indigenous not-for-profit, non-governmental organization established in Nigeria in 1989 in response to the health and social needs of the disadvantaged groups in rural and urban communities. ARFH is committed to improving the quality of the life of people in Nigeria and elsewhere in sub-Sahara Africa. Since its inception, ARFH has consistently responded to the public health challenges including HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Malaria, maternal mortality and morbidity and sexual and reproductive health of Nigerians.
Purpose of Assignment
- The purpose of this assignment is to conduct an operations research for the LOPIN-REGION 1 project to assess the immediate impact of services rendered to Orphans and Vulnerable Children in 15 selected Local Government Areas across Lagos, Akwa-Ibom and Rivers state. This is required to provide information for the assessment of current outcomes of household support interventions against set objectives. This will also allow us to determine the quality of services provided for the OVC and identify best performing cost effective interventions that can be scaled up to achieve maximum positive impact for the LOPIN-REGION 1 project.
Methodology for the Survey:
- A mix-method approach will be used to gather appropriate data that will inform service quality improvement. These methodologies will include; desk-top reviews (program report), Key Informant Interviews, photo shoots, video documentaries, quantitative approach, and any other methodologies proposed by the consultant and approved by DM&E.
The Aim and Objectives of the Survey:
- Document and ascertain whether households received OVC support services
- Determine the type and quality of service delivered by the Community Based Organizations (CBOs) , LGAs and State
- Assess the wellbeing of children and families over the last one year
- Assess the effectiveness of programs within the intervention communities and identify which programs have the greatest potential to positively impact households of OVC.
- Assess the child protection and safeguarding practices of caregivers of OVC
- Assess response of caregivers to HIV service uptake
- Assess the extent of private sectors involvement in the provision of OVC support services
- Assess the readiness of households to transition and graduate successfully from the program
Scope of Assignment and Specific Tasks (Consultants’ Role)
The consultant working with Director, Monitoring and Evaluation and the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer of the LOPIN-REGION 1 project will be responsible for the following:
- Develop the survey protocol
- Develop the data gathering instrument
- Review survey tools to ensure that the data collected will adequately satisfy the research questions and objectives
- Engage stakeholders in the assessment process;
- Participate actively in the recruitment of the interviewers
- Train survey interviewers and supervise field operations
- Pilot testing of survey data collection tools
- Implement data collection for survey;
- Data analysis
- Develop and submit a draft report covering key findings, major conclusions and recommendations that can help inform the improvement of the program
- Produce a draft scientific report for publication in a journal.
- The consultant will work with the State program teams to identify beneficiaries who will participate in Key Informant Interviews, photo shoots and video documentaries,
Duration & Deadlines (Tentatively)
The duration of the contract will be a total period of 25 working days starting from 1st September, 2016, with approximately 12 working days in field, and will be spread out until end of September 2016.
Documents to Submit
- The consultants will be expected to submit a draft workplan due by 29th August 2016.
- First draft of assessment report due by 30th September, 2016.
- Final receipt of all deliverables due by 7th October, 2016.
Only consultants located in Nigeria are prioritised for this assignment as ARFH will not cover international travel costs for external consultants. The following qualifications and skills will guide selection of the consultants for this assignment:
- Interested persons must have cognate experience in development, implementation and assessment of public health interventions with evident capacity in conducting surveys for health-related projects using qualitative and quantitative methods.
- The consultant who must be a social scientist/communication specialist for this assignment must have a minimum of:
- Master’s degree in Sociology/socio work or any other relevant degree in the Social Sciences/Communication/Development
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience in designing and analysing quantitative and qualitative surveys.
- An excellent analytical and research skills with demonstrated technical report writing skill
- Experience with HIV prevention, care and treatment programs.
- Knowledge of OVC data collection and analysis will be an advantage
- Applicant organizations must indicate on the Subject of the mail (LOPIN-REGION 1 Operation Research Consultancy)
- Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Duration of assignment: 25 working days spread out between 1st and 30th September 2016
Method of Application
Interested and qualified consultants/consultancy firm should send in a complete application comprising of a technical proposal and a detailed budget. All Applications should be submitted by email to: email@example.com And as a mail package and addressed to:
The Chief of Party,
ARFH HOUSE, Plot 815A, Army Officers’ Mess Road, Near Ikolaba Grammar School,
Agodi G.R.A., Ikolaba, Ibadan
P.O. Box 30259 Secretariat,