Jobs at Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH)
Posted on: 18 August, 2016
Deadline: 25 August, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Association for Reproductive and
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improving Reproductive Health and Family planning (RH/FP), Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria etc. We offer professional opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration.
We seek applications from qualified persons for the position under the Global Fund Tuberculosis (TB) Grant- New Funding Model:
Reporting to: The National Coordinator- NTBLCP and ARFH M & E Coordinator.
- Provide technical support and oversight on monitoring and evaluation of the Global Fund TB project
- Ensure that the implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities are in line with the project’s implementation plan and meets the donor and project's M&E needs.
- Provide technical support to state M & E officers in ensuring that programmatic data/indicators are accurately captured, and reported according to set guidelines.
- Represent and make appropriate presentations to stakeholders at various fora on program achievements and deliverables and other M&E activities
- Support the development and design of the M&E framework, tools and project M&E plans, guidelines and ensure efficient data management processes
- Provide continuous technical lead to project team on data management and regularly analyze state data, highlight important programmatic gaps and coordinate with program management and others in addressing these gaps.
- Conduct routine monitoring and supportive supervisory visits to project sites, including the conduct of data verification and validation and data quality assessments (DQAs) using standard checklists.
- Ensure regular maintenance of database/information system, project’s training database and programmatic progress updates that documents achievements on a regular basis.
- Support monitoring activities to project sites, collation/analysis of monitoring reports for program feedback and decision making
- Conduct operational research activities and participate in project assessments, evaluations and design teams as applicable.
- Facilitate the preparation/production of project reports, journal publications, proposal writing and assessment reports, human success stories and quarterly fact sheets.
- Provide technical support to the project and NTBLCP and other Government of Nigeria entities in the conduct of surveys for TB programs, including development of survey instruments, survey implementation, data analysis and report writing under the guidance of the M&E coordinator.
- Applicants must have a University degree in any of the following related field: Medicine, Pharmacy, Statistics, Epidemiology, Demography and Public Health with advanced skills in quantitative methods, statistical analysis, evaluation research design etc. A master's degree in public health will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Monitoring and Evaluation in HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Malaria or related fields and programs in developing countries: and working experience with Global Fund, USAID or any other donor funded programs is desirable.
- Applicant's experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above.
go to method of application »
- Reporting to ARFH Director of Finance and Admin as well as the National Coordinator (NTBLCP).
- He/She collaborates with the program staff and Global Fund Fiduciary Agent to ensure effective financial support, grants management and budgeting.
- Provide support in the preparation of budget and cash flow for programme implementation and prepare the budget tracking analysis, determining variance analysis.
- Supervise the NTBLCP finance staff in preparation of vouchers, cheques and receipts.
- Ensure compliance with internal control processes, adherence to donor financial regulations and that all expenses are within approved project budget lines.
- Provide quality control checks ensuring that all valid financial transactions are entered into the accounting systems.
- Prepare accurate, regular and timely financial reports for submission to ARFH and the donor, using the office QuickBooks accounting software.
- Review the retirements of advances of staff for training, M&E etc. on the financial reports to ensuring that financial reports; are timely with valid documentation.
- Follow up with all outstanding advances to staff and project partners, to ensure timely and proper retirements.
- Support in managing all project assets and stock items, ensuring satisfactory level of accountability and internal control at all times.
- Provide support for audit processes both internal and external for NTBLCP and projects.
- Maintain working relationship with banks to ensure timely banking transactions.
- Work closely with program team, Global Fund Fiduciary agent and support other staff including mentoring for effective operation of ARFH and project activities.
- Maintain relationship with external auditors, suppliers, banks etc.
- A minimum of HND/ BSc. degree in Accounting and ACA/ACCA/CPA.
- Must also have at least six years working experience with Non-Governmental organizations, with skills in QuickBooks, Microsoft excel, words and power-point.
- A good knowledge of internal control systems, financial audit processes, grant management systems and accounting procedures for Global Fund projects is essential
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job; to email@example.com Please indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees including their functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers. Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Association for Reproductive and Family HealthSimilar Jobs
- Call for Proposals at Mercy Corps
- Front Desk /Administrative Assistant at WaterAid Nigeria
- Director of Monitoring and Evaluation at PACT Nigeria
- Director of Finance and Operations at PACT Nigeria
- Deputy Chief of Party at PACT Nigeria
- MHPSS Technical Specialist at Heartland Alliance International
- Business Support Assistant (SCOPE) at the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
- Organizational Development Specialist, STEER Project at Save the Children Nigeria