University of Port Harcourt - Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the vacant position below located at the Permanent Site of the University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria:
- The Chair is endowed in honour of foremost Petroleum Engineer and former Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Engineer Aret Adams.
To be eligible to apply for the position, a prospective candidate must meet the requirements specified hereunder:
- Should be a Professor in a reputable institution of not less than ten (10) years standing and also have cognate teaching, research and consulting experience in the field of Petroleum Engineering, including being engaged in active professional activities at the local and international levels.
- Should have carried out verifiable research and parade very high impact publications in relevant aspects of Petroleum Engineering.
- Should possess the capacity to initiate value-adding studies to the oil and gas industry, the academia and the wider society, including possession of in-depth knowledge and capacity to apply cutting-edge technology that powers the hydrocarbon industry.
- Should be self-motivated and possess the capacity to embrace team approach to solving problems and must be ready to work with academic and industry professionals at the highest levels, including related Departments and Institutions in globally benchmarked research and practical field experience.
- In addition, applicants for the job should state the following in clear terms: Vision, Mission and Logistical approach to the job description, including the operational structure and anticipated leadership approach to be adopted in administering the Chair.
Conditions of Service
- The successful candidate will serve for a period of four years in the first instance, and the appointment may be renewed for another four years, subject to satisfactory job performance.
- The conditions and salaries are quite attractive and are as approved for enhanced Professorial Chairs endowed by the Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria in the Nigerian university system.
- The conditions include prospects for high impact research programmes and participation in local and international conferences, amongst other perquisites of office.
Method of Application
Applicants should forward thirty (30) copies of their detailed curriculum Vitae, stating:
- Telephone numbers,
- E-mail addresses,
- Marital status,
- Schools attended with dates,
- Qualifications obtained and cognate experience (such as teaching, research and publications, including evidence of sustained community service).
All completed applications should be addressed to:
University of Port Harcourt,
First Floor, Senate Building,
Choba - Port Harcourt,
- Applicants are also advised to request three Referees to forward confidential reports on them to reach the Registrar within the stipulated application window period.
- Only successful candidates will be contacted for further interactions.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.