Latest Job Vacancy at a Public Health Advocacy Organization
Posted on: 17 August, 2016
Deadline: 5 September, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View Jobs posted same day
A new Public Health Project with international development funding to advance child and family health in Nigeria through indigenous NGO advocacy has vacancy for a highly motivated individual to join the project team
- The Program Officer is required to develop, operationalize and revise project work-plans to ensure that activities are carried out as and when scheduled; establish an effective information management system; review, improve and operationalize the project’s consultants management data base; produce activity and periodic reports; and establish improved mechanisms, guidelines and operating principles for project management.
- He/she must have a first degree in the Social Sciences with 3-5 years of experience in a similar position ina public health project; and excellent coordination and project management competences.
go to method of application »
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be responsible for developing and maintaining the M&E systems of the project.
- S/he will develop and administer tools to determine project performance.
- S/he will upload and archive project documents and reports.
- The incumbent will also be responsible for reviewing and summarizing data from project reports, will train staff and partners and work with external consultants to ensure that M&E outputs are published and disseminated.
- S/he will collate required data from project records track program performance as well as to ensure all reports and related deliverables including work plans and performance monitoring plans are produced and delivered on time and are of high quality.
- The ideal candidate is expected to have a post-graduate degree in relevant Social Sciences discipline such as Sociology or Demography. Post-graduate qualifications in Public Health will be an asset.
- He/She must have a minimum 3 years experience designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation systems for NGOs or international development organizations; strong interest in research and research skills; strong ability to work with quantitative and qualitative data analysis software.
go to method of application »
- The Communication Officer will produce outputs to populate the project’s website; will proof-read and manage media reports, develop communication materialssuch as - press releases, brochures and annual program reports.
- The ideal candidate will also oversee the editing of technical content development of all project documents for dissemination.
- S/he will be responsible for developing the communication strategy for the project and will give leadership to the implementation of such strategy.
- The ideal candidate should have a first degree in relevant field such as Communications, English and/or international relations.
- Knowledge of child and family health issues with 2-3 years working experience in a development environment will be an asset.
- Excellent command of English (spoken and written) is required.
- S/he must have the ability to simplify and report on research findings.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit their resume with contact details of 2 referees and a one (1) page application letter explaining the skills you bring to the post to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Deputy Head of Mission - Support at Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
- SRH Supervisors at Médecins du Monde
- Logistics Assistants at the North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria
- Reproductive Health Officer at the International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- HR Managers at the Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Managers at Coffey International Development
- Administrative Assistants at the Maternal Newborn and Child Health Programme (MNCH2) - Palladium Group
- Jobs at the Management Sciences for Health (MSH)