Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations. Palladium is built on the idea that progress will be supported by four key pillars:
- International Development
- Strategy Execution Consulting
- Impact Investment
- Training and Events
We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2000 employees operating in over 90 countries.
Project Overview and Role
The Partnership to Engage, Reform and Learn (PERL) is a flagship five-year Public Sector Accountability and Governance programme, working in three States, and in addition 3 Regions of Nigeria, funded by the UKDepartment for International Development (DFID). The focus of PERL is to reform how governments organise their core business of making, implementing, tracking and accounting for policies, plans and budgets used in delivering public goods and services to the citizenry, and how citizens themselves engage with these processes.
The Engaged Citizens (ECP)is part of RERL sustainable delivery of public goods and services which better respond to citizensneeds. The program is divided into three pillars with pillar one titled Accountable, Capable and Responsive Government (ARC) will help strengthened processes, practices and capabilities within government to ensure more accountable and effective use of public resources. Pillar two Engaged Citizens (ECP) will help constituencies become increasingly effective at influencing governments on selected service delivery and policy issues for the benefit of increasing numbers of Nigerians. Finally pillar three titled Learning, Evidence and Influencing (LEAP) will engage in Nigerian public discourse including other development programmes, and political leadership for them to benefit from a strengthened evidence base (provided by the work of Pillars 1&2) on how to deliver public sector reform and broader social change in favour of increased public accountability and reduced corruption.
The Reporting Officer will play a leading role in the development and communication of findings from ECP?s Learning and Adaptive Management platform to delivery teams, ECP management and DFID. The Reporting Officer is part of the Monitoring , Evaluation and Learning (MEL) support team and will work closely with MEL Officers to collect findings from frontline teams, quality assure these and package and present these into suitable formats for use by delivery teams, ECP management and DFID. This will be in line with quarterly and annual review and reporting cycles as well as in line with the production of specific knowledge products.
- Primary responsibilities:
- Support to the development of reporting systems
- Actively work to familiarise him/herself with PSAG?s and ECP?s MEL architecture, including its theory of change, results framework, Learning and Adaptive Management Platform, MEL Plan and partner assessment tools
- Work with MEL Officers to refine systems for programme, state and federal level reporting as a whole and around specific outputs and workstreams in line with the Learning and Adaptive Management Platform
- Build the capacity of state, federal and national teams in using activity, quarterly and annual reporting templates
- Support state and federal teams to assess the reporting needs and requirements of partners, advise them on building partners capacity to report progress and provide direct support to them as needed.
- Continually refine reporting systems and frameworks in line with feedback and new learning
- Habitually monitor and promote value for money analysis and diminishing financial dependency of partners on ECP
- Oversight, packaging and quality assurance of reporting
- Quality assure reporting on progress against outputs and workstreams from state, federal and national teams
- Synthesising and appropriately packaging these reports based on the needs of different audiences, including those of delivery teams, ECP management, DFID and an external audience
- Improving the narrative quality, messaging and presentation of reports, including developing infographics
- Identify and build working relationships with external individuals and organisations that could provide further support on niche areas of reporting, including formatting, infographics and template development
- Building relationships with key programme partners
- Establish a good working relationship with other ECP M&E/KM Officers. Work as a team under the technical guidance and supervision of the Head of M&E as your line manager.
- Establish a good working relationship with selected State/Federal Teams and keep the State/Federal Team Leader informed of planned support to their state team and provide feedback. Liaise directly with all members of staff in the state on their use of ECP information management systems.
- Liaise directly with State/Federal Team Leaders, Partnership Facilitators to carry out your principle duties on reporting
- Liaise directly with CS, Media, SHoA and other development partners in selected States to facilitate quality assurance and validation of reported progress
- Liaise directly with the National Results Communications Specialist and any other National TA (both long-term and short-term) providing technical support in selected States, to further facilitate quality assurance and validation of reported progress, evidence and scores
Education and Experience
- Educated to university degree level or above
- At least 5 years? experience in programme roles with a strong writing, reporting and stakeholder co-ordination responsibilities
- Experience working in a donor (preferably DFID) funded programme
Key competencies and professional expertise
- Very strong report writing skills, including writing and analytic skills
- Very strong information presentation skills, including infographics and formatting
- Expertise in providing technical support and capacity building to complex teams, in particular mentoring based approaches
- Ability to work as part of a complex team and maintain remote relationships
- Understanding of state and civil society dynamics in Nigeria
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Palladium Group career website on thepalladiumgroup.com to apply