Job Opening at The BBC World Service
Posted on: 15 August, 2016
Deadline: 31 August, 2016
View Jobs in Media / Radio / TV
View All Jobs at BBC
The BBC World Service is the world's largest international broadcaster, broadcasting radio and television news, speech and discussions in 29 languages to many parts of the world on analogue and digital shortwave platforms, internet streaming, podcasting, satellite, FM and MW relays
- BBC Hausa Service is looking for tenacious, committed and experienced broadcast or digital journalists to join its Journalism Talent Pool. We are offering a fantastic opportunity to receive training and development in broadcast and digital journalism skills. On completion of the training successful candidates will be considered for ad hoc shifts at our BBC Abuja and Accra Bureaux.
- We are looking for journalists with previous newsroom experience.
- The right applicants will have a good contacts book and understand how it may be applied to news output.
- You will demonstrate a passion for and knowledge of our programmes and for digital and social media, and be able to help reach new audiences through the insights gained from your own life experiences.
- Your Hausa language skills must be of the highest order with a thorough knowledge of Hausa orthography and you will also have an excellent command of English.
- You will need to be available for training, have a base within one hour of either city and have good availability that will enable you to work across the various shifts we have during the week.
- A willingness to work night shifts is essential.
Method of Application
Applicants should send a copy of their CV's and a paragraph explaining why you would like to apply to the scheme to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about BBCSimilar Jobs
- Digital Archivist at IBST Limited
- Graduate Trainee Recruitment at Red Media Africa (RED)
- Digital Marketing Interns at Paruto
- BBC World Service Recruitment for Head of West Africa Languages
- Marketing Manager at Monkey Media Limited
- Sales/Marketing Officers at Clement Ashley Consulting
- Programs Manager at She Leads Africa
- News Intern Recruitment at Bloomberg News