ICT Vacancy at MainOne
Posted on: 15 August, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View Jobs posted same day
MainOne's success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you'll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
Unit: IP Operations
Reporting Line: IP Operations Manager
- The IP Engineer will be responsible for designing, integrating and implementing IP based services on the Main One network.
- Other responsibilities include:
- Relevant professional/technical certifications.
- Primarily focus on all level 2 escalated issues from the GNOC for timely (<30mins) resolution with minimal supervision
- Strong experience configuring and troubleshooting Cisco routers and switches.
- L2 and L3 MPLS experience.
- Routing protocol troubleshooting experience (BGP, IS-IS,OSPF, EIGRP).
- IP multicast experience.
- Troubleshooting and resolving WAN/LAN connectivity issues.
- Monitoring of network elements and ensuring prompt repair and restoration of all faulty/down sites/links.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of network equipment such as routers, switches and firewalls.
- Performing routine checks and maintenance on all network elements.
- Providing network solutions.
- Managing bandwidth of the IP backbone for optimal performance.
- Network administration and maintenance.
- Other assigned duties.
- To work directly under the supervision of IP Operation Supervisor
Contacts - You will be required to:
- Work closely with the NOC team.
- Undertake regular planning sessions with Senior IP Engineer/Head Network Planning & Implementation/ Head of Network Operations
Qualifications & Skils
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Varying degrees of experience required from 2 – 3 years.
- Proven capacity in designing and implementing complex, high. performance networks with multiple locations and applications, preferably service provider networks.
- Hands on experience configuring Cisco and Juniper routers
- Preferably CCNA and CCNP certifications.
- Good knowledge of networking technologies - TCP/IP, BGP, DNS,
- VPNs, Firewalls, proxy etc.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Time & self-management skills
- Relationship Management
- Team work
- Ability to work well under pressure
Demands on the job:
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- 10% travel/ or as required
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to career website on career.mainone.net to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Business Development Manager at EdgeBase Technologies
- Digital Marketing Executive at Aiotaq Integrated Solutions
- CCNA / A+ Instructor at HiiT Plc
- Job Openings at Swift Talk Limited
- Senior/Lead Dev Architect at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- Graduate Mobile Apps Developer at Zercom Systems Nigeria Limited
- Job Openings at Riddle Technologies Limited
- Information Technology Roles at Huntech Solutions