MainOne’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
At MainOne, great ideas and thoughts find a way of becoming great products, services that turn to great customer experiences. We are perfectionists, idealists and pioneers of great products and services forever thinking of better.
We have corporate offices from Nigeria to Ghana to Portugal. International and home opportunities are available.
MainOne is a family. Join in and be a part of the change and the future that will bring about new ways the continent works and connects.
As Operations Manager you will be responsible for leading, managing and developing the Managed Services team and suite of solution offerings. The team will be responsible for providing pro - active first fix and post-sales support to our Managed Service Customers. The ideal candidate will have previous operations management experience, a natural talent for getting the best out of teams and a sound understanding of the technologies we support Computer Hardware and Operating systems, Cloud technology, Network & systems security, Enterprise networking including IP VPN and MPLS.
Other responsibilities include:
• Design and deliver integrated solutions for Managed Service customers in line with ITIL and/or industry best practice.
• Monitoring the effectiveness of the team against SLA/KPI‟s, driving through change as needed to deliver continual service improvement.
• Ensure operational procedures and practices are well defined, documented and consistently applied.
• Instil a high performance culture in the team with a focus on team work, service excellence and ownership for resolving customer issues.
• Be capable of identifying and implementing change within the team to ensure it can take on new service offerings.
• Contribute proactively to new service development.
• Work closely with the Technical Sales to ensure new customers are on-boarded with seamless handover / transition.
• Ensure remote teams are skilled, trained and developed to enable them to deliver high quality service and support.
• Manage and develop strategic partnerships with third party suppliers and other internal stakeholders.
• Achieve consistent customer satisfaction ratings and respond appropriately to customer feedback on areas for improvement.
• Drive a continual service improvement program based on a desire to become a world class managed service provider.
• Develop in-depth knowledge of competitive Managed services offerings in Nigeria and globally develop propositions to sell and further develop the MainOne brand.
You will be required to liaise on a day-to-day basis with customers, the Technical Team; GNOC, Service Delivery, Technical Sales, Cloud team, Security team, IP Team, Project Management, and various other groups /departments.
• Strong Knowledge of Managed Services, Managed Security, and Cloud as a service delivery model.
• Good Knowledge of IT and concepts such as virtualization.
• Have excellent communication, influencing and customer management skills.
• Have solid technical understanding of Networking, security and Hosting.
• Technologies and solutions.
• Analytical thinking to engage customers considering different business and operational models.
• Relationship Management.
• Proficiency in MS Office.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Familiar with Cloud Models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), also familiar with connectivity, voice, video, security and general Network solution offerings.
• Bachelor’s degree in a Technical (Engineering or Sciences) discipline.
• Minimum 7-10 years experience working with managing various services.
• Minimum of 5 years in supervisory/management position.
• ITIL, CCNA , CCNP , MCP
Demands of the job:
• Ability and willingness to work long hours, take responsibility for delivery and meet tight deadlines;
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Frequent Travel may be required.
Interested and qualified? Go to Main One Cable career website on career.mainone.net to apply