The Nigerian Bottling Company Limited is one of the biggest companies in the non-alcoholic beverage industry in the country and is the sole franchise bottler of The Coca-Cola Company in Nigeria.
Our company serves approximately 160 million people by producing and distributing a unique portfolio of quality brands, bringing passion to marketplace implementation, and demonstrating leadership in corporate social responsibility.
Job Reference: CCM/08/2016
Functional areas: Public Affairs & Communications
- The Communications Channel Manager reports to the Corporate Communications Manager.
- The ideal candidate will lead the management, development, production of communication channels and content, supporting the drive of business agenda and strategic objectives among diverse stakeholder groups.
Other key responsibilities of the role are;
- Initiate and lead the development, editing and production of periodic newsletters in NBC and contribution to Group’s strategic Communications agenda with clear, timely, high quality, consistent with content and style to inform, inspire, entertain and engage colleagues.
- Drive sharing of corporate messages and images through and with the use of traditional and new/social/digital media technology, which include but not limited to TV, mobile, print newsletters, on-line (via the intranet and website), IS tools, notice boards, verbal/face to face and other NBC and or CCHBC specific methods. Liaise with other team members/functions to ensure, right time, right message and right channel communication strategy and take on projects as required.
- Suggest, create, develop and own new, exciting, relevant communications channels that may be required on a regular basis to support increase in staff engagement and overall employee productivity.
- Contribute to channel editorial calendar to ensure all messages are integrated and aligned to NBC and CCHBC standards and priorities.
- Inquire about news and stories that will engage employees and support NBC and CCHBC key messages, using engaging videos, photos, cartoons, diagrams and other means as prescribed by NBC management or CCHBC group.
- Build strong and positive working relationships with stakeholders in all NBC locations and relevant CCHBC PAC and HR managers, providing bespoke communications advise to ensure communication contents are upscaled, standardized and localised as required.
- Manage the PAC digital and physical store items store (including but not limited to digital library of communication contents, memos articles, photos, videos, branding materials such as banners, brochures, corporate gift items, livery and below the line communications materials, ensuring their availability for use to support the maintenance of corporate branding/image and reputation.
- Manage front desk office and officer to ensure external stakeholders first contact (physical or via telephone) remains positive and is upheld.
- Produce monthly channel evaluation report and track channel effectiveness.
- Spot improvement opportunities and demonstrate need to upgrade channel tools and design, when required, vis a vis internal requirement and feasibility, e.g. costings, budget planning and execution.
- A very good first Degree graduate, preferably Public Relations, Mass Communications or other related social sciences. A Masters Degree would be an added advantage
- Candidate should possess 5 years work experience
Desired candidate profil:
- A very good first degree graduate, preferably Public Relations, Mass Communications or other related social sciences.
- A Masters Degree would be an added advantage.
- Member/Affliate of any of the following: NIPR, IPRA, CIPR.
- Minimum 5 - 7 years of work in related areas. Leader or significant team player in publishing (online and traditional media), e.g, Blogs, newsletters, e.t.c Very good experience in social media platforms and its usage.
- High - level of written and verbal communication and presentation skills Understanding of Public Relations Management Good understanding of working in project teams and similar environment.
- Other Key Competencies and skills required include;Passion, Writing, Leadership, Editing, Judgement, Presentation, Focus, Team Spirit, Gets Results,Public Relations, Teamwork and Communication.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Nigerian Bottling Company career website on www.nbcltdcareers.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.