Terragon Limited, an Integrated New Media and Mobile Content company based in Lagos, Nigeria with presence in Ghana, Kenya, India, UK and Mauritius currently seeks to employ a suitably qualified candidate. The Group prides itself as a new media business focused on Africa. It has built a strong competence across the new media ecosystem comprising mobile, online and content.
- Business Development Manager, is a business manager who identifies, develops and manages high revenue accounts with maximum margin profitability within the ‘Charge to Mobile’ operator billing sector.
- The individual will be responsible for developing a technical documentation program for communicating features, requirements, processes and implementation to mobile operators.
- Through the deep understanding of operator technology and processes, the candidate will also serve as the internal subject matter expert on operator technology for product and partnership teams.
Relationship Management/Customer Retention:
- Formulate, develop, and maintain corporate business engagement with key corporate partners.
- Maintain relationships with key business partners
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships within mobile operators.
- Create appropriate documentation for sales and marketing of products and services to identified partners.
- Identifying new technologies and partnership opportunities for Twinpine and drive execution of same
- Interface with internal technical and business teams to support daily operations needs for inter-company activities
- Design, write, illustrate and edit technical documentation, which includes specifications, integrations and instructional documentation as well as informal materials (e.g. press releases, blog posts)
- Expedite revisions, corrections and changes to previously published documentation
- Ensure content is clear, concise and in a format best suited for various audiences
- Meet with other subject matter experts to collect requirements and technical content, and then translate data into a consumable, functional work product
- Liaise across business groups to address corporate level project needs
- Manage large corporate partnerships with Mobile operators for the different regions, with strategic distribution of business developments efforts.
Revenue generation/market expansion:
- Analyze local market, gather and provide information and recommendations for business development opportunities
- Identify, engage potential business partners, develop business plans and support delivery of projects and products
- Support strategy development and investment executions
- Implementing lead-nurturing methodologies and systems to increase market-awareness and maintain Twinpine's mind-share within Mobile Operators and greater mobile community.
Sales and Marketing forecast and Development:
- Working directly with Sales, Marketing and PMO teams to create compelling mobile use-cases, strategic programs and implementations.
- Identifying strategic alliance opportunities to help Twinpine scale within the regions.
- Work with product teams to create innovative product and service proposals through a focused understanding of mobile operator needs and future market developments.
- Take ownership of multiple, complex projects with minimal supervision and deliver high quality content on time
- Maintain existing documentation for organization, content, technical accuracy, relevance and style
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent degree/experience. MBA preferred.
- Understanding of operator infrastructure, and capabilities
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills and the ability to produce and organize content with a logical flow
- Experience working in the mobile industry, with demonstrated deep knowledge/hands-on experience in marketing, investments, operations or business development.
- 5+ years experience in writing technical documentation for a software product or as a technical project manager, solutions engineer, software engineer, technical sales consultant or partner/sales engineer in the telecommunications space
- Demonstrated ability to do hands-on research and obtain necessary technical content from subject matter experts while translating it into clear, concise documentation
- Demonstrated ability to meet multiple, tight deadlines
- Ability to handle the pace and ambiguity that comes with working in a start-up environment
- 3+ years' work experience in business development, sales, customer relationship management in a New Media Agency
- Previous experience working at mobile devices makers or leading network operators is preferred
- Great problem solving and analytical skills
- An effective team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills
Method of Application
Applicant should send their Application and CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org