If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Terragon Limited, an Integrated New Media and Mobile Content company based in Lagos, Nigeria with presence in Ghana, Kenya, India, UK and Mauritius currently seeks to employ a suitably qualified candidate. The Group prides itself as a new media business focused on Africa. It has built a strong competence across the new media ecosystem comprising mobile, online and content.
- Business Development Manager, is a business manager who identifies, develops and manages high revenue accounts with maximum margin profitability within the ‘Charge to Mobile’ operator billing sector.
- The individual will be responsible for developing a technical documentation program for communicating features, requirements, processes and implementation to mobile operators.
- Through the deep understanding of operator technology and processes, the candidate will also serve as the internal subject matter expert on operator technology for product and partnership teams.
Relationship Management/Customer Retention:
- Formulate, develop, and maintain corporate business engagement with key corporate partners.
- Maintain relationships with key business partners
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships within mobile operators.
- Create appropriate documentation for sales and marketing of products and services to identified partners.
- Identifying new technologies and partnership opportunities for Twinpine and drive execution of same
- Interface with internal technical and business teams to support daily operations needs for inter-company activities
- Design, write, illustrate and edit technical documentation, which includes specifications, integrations and instructional documentation as well as informal materials (e.g. press releases, blog posts)
- Expedite revisions, corrections and changes to previously published documentation
- Ensure content is clear, concise and in a format best suited for various audiences
- Meet with other subject matter experts to collect requirements and technical content, and then translate data into a consumable, functional work product
- Liaise across business groups to address corporate level project needs
- Manage large corporate partnerships with Mobile operators for the different regions, with strategic distribution of business developments efforts.
Revenue generation/market expansion:
- Analyze local market, gather and provide information and recommendations for business development opportunities
- Identify, engage potential business partners, develop business plans and support delivery of projects and products
- Support strategy development and investment executions
- Implementing lead-nurturing methodologies and systems to increase market-awareness and maintain Twinpine's mind-share within Mobile Operators and greater mobile community.
Sales and Marketing forecast and Development:
- Working directly with Sales, Marketing and PMO teams to create compelling mobile use-cases, strategic programs and implementations.
- Identifying strategic alliance opportunities to help Twinpine scale within the regions.
- Work with product teams to create innovative product and service proposals through a focused understanding of mobile operator needs and future market developments.
- Take ownership of multiple, complex projects with minimal supervision and deliver high quality content on time
- Maintain existing documentation for organization, content, technical accuracy, relevance and style
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent degree/experience. MBA preferred.
- Understanding of operator infrastructure, and capabilities
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills and the ability to produce and organize content with a logical flow
- Experience working in the mobile industry, with demonstrated deep knowledge/hands-on experience in marketing, investments, operations or business development.
- 5+ years experience in writing technical documentation for a software product or as a technical project manager, solutions engineer, software engineer, technical sales consultant or partner/sales engineer in the telecommunications space
- Demonstrated ability to do hands-on research and obtain necessary technical content from subject matter experts while translating it into clear, concise documentation
- Demonstrated ability to meet multiple, tight deadlines
- Ability to handle the pace and ambiguity that comes with working in a start-up environment
- 3+ years' work experience in business development, sales, customer relationship management in a New Media Agency
- Previous experience working at mobile devices makers or leading network operators is preferred
- Great problem solving and analytical skills
- An effective team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills
Method of Application
Applicant should send their Application and CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org