The Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc) was established to distribute quality electric power to its customers, using modern technology and tools. The company desires to build a team of professionals who will manage its operations under global best practices.
The Abuja Electricity Distribution Company, (AEDC) the electric distribution company for the FCT, Niger, Kogi and Nassarawa States, is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
- This position will report to the MD/CEO and work as a key member of the leadership team, the job holder will be responsible for defining and setting the strategic direction for the company’s key areas of technical, commercial and project management functions.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Define and drive the commercial strategy for the company towards effective contribution to the company’s vision.
- Deliver strategic leadership for defining the commercial path to growth and profitability of the company.
- Oversee the management of all the processes under its responsibility by setting up and ensuring the compliance with of standards, procedures and work processes.
- Close all known revenue leakage avenues through systems and stakeholder engagement.
- Develop strategic plans and budget for growing the revenue base of the company.
- Ensure effective management of the regions in conjunction with the head commercial services.
- Direct and control the Revenue Protection Program in order to minimize non-technical losses.
- Report periodically monthly, quarterly and annually) on the performance of the Directorate (budgets Vs actual targets)
- Monitor business and process metrics to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Establishes standards and procedures to ensure proper functioning and safety in distribution, protection and control systems.
- Develops and recommends new and innovative working practices within the distribution departments in order to achieve increased efficiency, quality of service, customer satisfaction and sustainability.
- Leads the development and execution of an effective predictive and preventive maintenance plan to reduce unanticipated downtime.
- Lead the technical activities of the company to ensure effective and efficient power delivery to our customers.
- Give advice to the CEO on pre-emptive actions to be taken.
- Drive the deployment of technologies for driving the technical operations of the AEDC.
- Drive the development of policies and procedures to enhance the sustainability of the Company’s distribution network.
- Lead the regular review and analysis of distribution network data/status for the purpose of preparing periodic reports for management.
- Develops strategic plan for the company’s distribution network development.
- Provide direction and closely monitor the distribution network performance make recommendations for improvements or corrective actions.
- Coordinates with and gets operational reports from the Head Technical Services on daily technical operations to ensure link with KPIs and performance goals.
- Liaises with regulatory and other stakeholders on technical issues.
- Guide the teams Conceives distribution network projects and monitors their implementation in line with the company’s strategic plan.
- Leads the strategic electrical distribution projects to ensure that the Company’s services are reaching all existing and potential industrial and domestic customers.
- Owns master project list and take the lead steering special projects and key initiatives,and assigns special projects as needed.
- Define and ensure the process for project monitoring, follow ups and reporting.
- Create, review and approve applicable project documentation.
- Define project risks and evaluate project result (cost, time and quality).
- Plan and run internal and external project meetings.
- Participate in project site visits for assessments, quality assurance.
- Actively contribute to continuous improvements.
Leadership and Team Building:
- Oversee the implementation of change management processes in areas of functional responsibility.
- Collaborate with the CEO and play a pivotal role in maintaining the already high standards of ethical management.
- Drive forward new objectives and business programmes to ensure effective operation, management and control of defined areas of responsibility.
- Implement processes, infrastructure and effective management practices to enable and sustain our continual growth and expansion.
- Lead the development of annual work plan and financial budget and monitor their implementation in line with the business plan.
- Drive the performance of the teams.
- First Degree or equivalent in Social Sciences, Engineering or Business Administration.
- MBA will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of business principles, operations and management.
- Knowledge of utility sector operations and the Nigerian power sector will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 20 years work experience with at least 10 in a senior management role.
To be successful in this role, candidate will:
- Need significant experience of successful business turnaround.
- Be a proven change manager with excellent operational and people management skills gained in challenging conditions.
- Be a strategic thinker who can develop approaches that deliver growth in income.
- Have Knowledge and understanding of Electricity Distribution market.
- Need to see the big picture and plan out details.
- Have strong management experience and strong business acumen.
- Work well under pressure and be extremely organised.
- Understand the terrain of our catchment areas( Kogi, Abuja, Niger, Nasarawa).
- Be an effective communicator.
Method of Application
Applicants should their curriculum vitae and cover letters to: email@example.com The subject of your email should be the position you are applying for, i.e. Chief Operating Officer (COO).
Or The cover letter should be addressed to:
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Plc,
1 Ziquinchor Street, Off IBB Way,
Wuse Zone 4,
Attention: The Executive Director, Human Resources and Corporate Services.
Note: Only applications sent directly to the above email address and follow the above instructions will be considered. Only suitably qualified candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.