Job at The Health Communication Capacity Collaborative (HC3)
Posted on: 11 August, 2016
Deadline: 25 August, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Health Communication Capacity Col
The Health Communication Capacity Collaborative (HC3) is a five-year, global project funded by USAID. It is designed to strengthen developing country capacity to implement state-of-the-art social and behavior change communication (SBCC) programs.
The project also offers expertise in social and behavior change for gender equity, environment and democracy and governance.
- The USAID HC3 Nigeria Senior Technical Advisor - Tuberculosis will provide technical, programmatic, research, monitoring and evaluation (RME) and managerial leadership to all aspects of the program.
- Reports directly to the USAID HC3 Nigeria Chief of Party and works in close consultation on technical and programmatic issues with the entire HC3 team
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In addition to the overall management of the project, specific duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with USAID, health partners, implementing partners, Federal and State MOHs and other key stakeholders.
- Provide extensive technical assistance n Social and Behavior Change Communicator (SBCC)for TB.
- Manage and oversee implementation of the project activities
- Ensure expected results are met.
- Mentor partners
- Submit timely program reports arid disseminate program success stories, and oilier reporting duties as assigned.
- Assist with design and oversee implementation of the project monitoring and evaluation system.
- In coordination with and guidance from the Chief of Party Baltimore-based team and the Finance and Admin Stall based in Abuja: oversee and ensure proper procurement, administrative and financial procedures are followed The STA-TE writ submit all documentation for local procurements and payments to the HC3 Chief of Party for approval and processing.
- The position will be based at the HC3 Office in Abuja.
- Travel to focal states is expected to be approximately 20-30%.
- Keep abreast of relevant Nigerian health laws and policies related to TB.
- Work with the USAID HC3 Nigeria Malaria and HC3 Family Planning Projects to find areas of synergy and cost savings in hue focal stales.
- Other duties as necessary
Education and/or Experience
- Masters Degree or higher in a health-related field, Social Services, Management, International Development or Business Administration
- Minimum of 5 years experience in senior management of complex public health programs in Africa, preferably in Nigeria on Tuberculosis.
- Strategic vision for the health sector, leadership qualities, professional reputation, strong interpersonal skill, and written and oral presentation skills.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their cover letters and CV’s only as one PDF document to: email@example.com The subject tine for your submission must read: “Application for Senior Technical Advisor - TB, *Any emails without this exact subject line will be immediately discarded. The PDF document containing the cover letter and CV only must be named using the candidate’s last and first name.
- Candidates should not send any other documents or attachments. Any applications submitted with certificates, transcripts etc will he immediately discarded.
- Candidates should not send links to online resumes or CV’s. Any applications submitted with a link to an online resume or CV’s will be immediately discarded.
- Only final candidates will be contacted for further engagement.
- This is a one-year position. Modality for engagement is flexible (either direct hire or consultant)
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Health Communication Capacity Collaborative (HC3)Similar Jobs
- Consultant (Local Facilitator) at Creative Associates International
- Community Access Advisor at IPAS Nigeria
- Deputy Safety Advisor at the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO)
- Assistant Vehicle Fleet Manager (VFM Assistant) at The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- Cashiers at the Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
- Purchase Officer at Solidarités International (SI)
- Human Resources Manager at Malaria Consortium Nigeria
- Job Openings at LEAP Africa