Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with c15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
- Support and ensure that sub grantees (CSOs) have clear roles and responsibilities, and a strong understanding of all Donors and save the children regulation and policies, especially the core policies such as; Child Safeguarding policy, Code of Conduct, Fraud & dishonesty policies, Anti-bribery and corruption policy and whistle blowing policy.
- Liaise with the Finance Cordinator, Katsina and Field Manager, Jigawa to ensure timely and appropriate cash flows, matched with the operational needs of the state office and budget forecasts, and in line with SC policies, GATES and other donor requirements.
- Assist the Finance Coordinator, Katsina to manage the electronic spreadsheet/format for receiving and disbursing funds on GLACOSS.
- Support the Finance Coordinator, Katsina in processing all banking activities in the state office, ensuring that bank account records are accurately maintained, and that bank instruments are obtained on a timely basis.
- Process all payments (cheque and/or cash) to vendors, service providers, and partners in line with SC policies, GATES and other requirements. Ensure all financial transactions in the state office are appropriately approved, authorised and administered, in line with SC, GATES and other policies.
- Maintain the office cash box and disburse cash payments. Ensure weekly cash counts are done and properly documented by non-finance staff.
- Ensure floats taken are retired with adequate support documentation and forward it Finance Coordinator.
- Support the Field team and Country Office to provide administrative and technical support to the partners to ensure that all financial documentation and reports are prepared and submitted on a timely basis in line with SC policies, project agreements, GATES and other requirements.
- Work with the Katsina team (Administration/HR, Logistics and Security) and the Country to establish basic systems/procedures for state office support functions, such as: communications, documentation, records, file-keeping, publications, training resources and informational materials, inventories for office supplies and equipment, etc.
- Support the Field Manager and office assistant to coordinate all state-level procurement activities, basic administrative functions, and asset/property management in line with SC policies, GATES and other requirements.
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable
- Creating best-in-class EA function
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- Work effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designing more effective admin systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
go to method of application »
- As a member of the Extended Senior Management Team (ESMT), the Deputy Director of Program Development and Quality (PDQ), provides leadership and mobilizes the necessary technical assistance to develop and maintain an effective MEAL system throughout SCI Nigeria and its partners.
- S/he ensures that the information and analysis needs of various departments, programs and field offices, are met effectively by measuring the effectiveness and impact and dissemination of key findings to relevant stakeholders.
- The Deputy Director, Program Development and Quality (PDQ) reports to the Deputy Country Director/PDQ, and works in close coordination with Regional Office, Technical Units as well as implementing partners.
Key Areas of Accountability
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL):
- Leads, designs and implements efficient organizational performance measurement systems that allow accurate, reliable information collection and reporting;
- Develops overall organizational performance measurement framework, linking conceptual models to program monitoring and evaluation and identifying strategies and models for replication;
- Builds core competencies of MEAL field staff and project managers through training and technical assistance for accurate data collection, analysis and reporting;
- Guides, supervises and participates in evaluations. Oversees technical assistance for evaluation activities;
- Ensures management responses to findings and recommendations of evaluations and program reviews are follow‐up with a detailed implementation plan;
- Coordinates effective dissemination of findings, conclusions, recommendations and lessons learned from programs to intended audience, with a view to improving program design, policy and strategy;
- Ensures that a functioning accountability framework is in place and responding to the needs of primary stakeholders including donors, implementing partners and service recipients.
Program Development & Strategy:
- Lead in the development of a robust logic models during proposal development;
- Lead in developing robust MEAL plans for new opportunities;
- Coordinate country-wide annual strategic activities such as annual plans and reports
- Support in the organization’s strategic planning process, specifically regarding program planning and documentation
- Collaborates with implementation teams to review and alter our current data and reporting system as needed
- Scale-up existing program quality assessments through the development of a comprehensive detail implementation plans to monitor progress of all programs and report to the senior management team on a quarterly basis.
Qualifications and Experience
- Preferred candidates have a minimum Master's Degree in Social Sciences or related area;
- Minimum of 10 years work experience in humanitarian or development context, with at least 3 years’ management and supervisory experience of senior staff;
- Previous M&E experience in a non‐profit, consulting, or government agency preferably in a leadership role, and a successful track record in designing effective M&E, Knowledge Management and Learning and Communications strategies and systems.
Skills & Abilities:
- The ideal candidate possesses excellent planning, research, and analytical skills, attention to detail and the ability to work cost‐effectively and efficiently;
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills;
- Proven leadership ability and collaborative approach to finding solutions,
- Achieving quality work, and delivering outcomes and materials on time in a changing, fast‐paced, deadline‐driven environment.
- Strong computer skills and a working knowledge of statistical software.
- Knowledge of qualitative data analysis software, MS Project and SharePoint highly desirable.
- S/he is also able to travel 30% of the time to field offices.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Save The Children career website on savethechildrenng.simplicant.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale