Latest Vacancy at Management Sciences for Health
Posted on: 10 August, 2016
Deadline: 9 September, 2016
View Jobs in Healthcare / Medical
View All Jobs at Management Sciences For Health - MSH
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) saves lives and improves health, especially among the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people, by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
- Design and implement the Project’s M&E system in close coordination with the technical team, including the development of performance indicators, setting annual targets, monitoring project progress against annual targets, ensuring timely data collection, writing quarterly and annual reports, and liaising with the project financial team to track the budget in relation to all project results and outcomes.
- Provide technical inputs to the technical team in order to assist in developing program goals and objectives as well as M&E tools and strategies and provide monitoring data to strategically inform the decisions on project performance and future direction to the project.
- Lead the conduction of a baseline study for all performance indicators that require a baseline value.
- Develop and implement a quality improvement system for the project focusing on the systematic strengthening of data quality for all program data.
- Support the MOH to enhance a health sector M&E framework and monitor health system strengthening interventions.
- Provide regularly updated reports on the status of implementation, according to project goals, objectives and indicators, to the Chief of Party, USAID, PEPFAR and other program managers as required.
- Collaborate with the project technical team in identifying project activities, processes and/or outcomes that are worthy of documentation, and design a system for capturing lessons learned and best practices.
- Support the production of technical briefs and other technical documents on the project accomplishments.
- Support preparations for external and internal assessments, reviews, and/or evaluations commissioned by the donor agency and MSH throughout the implementation of the project.
- Work with consultants and partners to implement the project’s implementation research agenda.
- Adhere to MSH procurement integrity and institutional standards and procedures in all project management responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- A master’s degree in epidemiology, biostatistics, public health or a related discipline.
- At least 7 years of demonstrated experience designing, and implementing monitoring and evaluation activities fo complex public health programs in developing countries.
- Experience in designing and implementing special studies in developing countries.
- Excellent command of monitoring and evaluation methodologies.
- Knowledge of M&E issues related to improvements in quality integrated health services and support programs, particularly programs focusing on HIV and TB..
- Previous experience implementing and managing a rigorous M&E system including developing and monitoring performance monitoring plans that track performance as sub-results/results and by funding stream.
- Knowledge of data collection protocols to ensure accurate data collection and verification is essential, as well as an ability to identify data trends and communicate this information to allow for changes in program implementation.
- M&E experience in the health sector desired, particularly in health systems strengthening.
- Ability to write quality reports for donors.
- Knowledge of and experience in operational and/or implementation research experience highly desired.
- Past experience leading and building the capacity of M&E officers, including remote, field-based staff, to meet program needs and deliverables is desired.
- Extraordinary organizational, verbal and written communication skills to manage project communications and disseminate project information.
- Excellent skills in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and DHIS2. Experience working with a statistical analysis software (STATA, SPSS or alike) highly desired.
- Experience with USG/USAID/PEPFAR programs/projects and reporting requirements required.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills and professional proficiency in English required.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus and navigate complex political contexts. Ability to develop effective working relationships with USAID, state and local governments and other program partners and counterparts.
- Previous supervisory experience highly desired
- Willingness to travel frequently within Nigeria.-
Reports To: Deputy Chief of Party
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Management Sciences For Health - MSH career website on jobs-msh.icims.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Management Sciences For Health - MSHSimilar Jobs
- Job Openings at Synapse Services
- Marketing Officers at Green Field Health Management Ltd
- Medical Laboratory Scientist at Medline Locum Agency
- Obstetrician & Gynaecologist at Newgate Medical Services Limited
- Network Administrator at St. Nicholas Hospital
- External Auditor at the National Eye Centre, Kaduna
- Sales Manager at Beltrux Medical Laboratory
- Fresh Jobs at Synapse Services