Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a private, non-profit educational and scientific organization. Since 1971, MSH has worked with its worldwide partners to improve the management of and access to health services such as primary health care, child survival, maternal and child health, family planning, and reproductive health. MSH as one or the implementing partners of TB CARE I Nigeria under the coordination of KNCV has received funds from USAID/Nigeria to support the National TB Programme (NTP), Federal Ministry of Health to implement TB control activities.
Senior Technical Officer TB
The Senior Technical Officer will provide technical assistance in collaboration with MSH TB Project Director, MSH TB regional advisor in Africa, TB CARE I lead in Nigeria, NTP and other stakeholders in accordance with the national TB policy guidelines and international standards of TB care.
1. Medical doctor with postgraduate training in public health or equivalent.
2. Minimum of 10 years experience in public health; at least 5 years experience in TB control
3.Proven successful experience of working with National Tuberculosis Programme or TB projects
4. Excellent strategic thinking and planning skills.
5. Strong analytical skills and experience in monitoring and evaluation
6. Knowledge of and experience in training and capacity building.
7. Demonstrated leadership and decision making skills operating in a management culture built on consensus and results.
8. Demonstrated intermediate computer skills such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as experienced with project planning applications.
9. Ability to work effectively and independently in a team based structure.
10. Ability to travel up to 30 percent of the time within Nigeria.
11. Fluency and excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
Method Of Application
Note: There are no relocation allowances available for this position.
For Job Description and Application follow the link: https://jobs-msh.icims.com/jobs/3959/job
Interested persons may send comprehensive resume with a full page cover letter not later than Friday, March 11, 2011.
Suitable candidates living with HIV/ AIDS will have an added advantage. Women are encouraged to apply,
For More information about MSH, visit: www.msh.org.