Marie Stopes Nigeria (MSION) is a results-orientated Social Business, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services. MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 42 countries worldwide.
· To give high quality MSION focused community based activities and core clinical Services in the assigned communities and centre of excellence.
· To support MSION in its Goal and Objectives where appropriate.
· To support and implement core MSI values within the centre, such as de-medicalization, task shifting, client focus, no blame culture, non-hierarchical management and marketing
· To participate fully in MSION Institutional strengthens and Capacity Building activities where appropriate.
Community Based Duties and Partnership and network
· Train the health care workers on long term FP/contraceptive methods.
· Sensitize the community on the importance of FP.
· Support the Community mobilization activities of the community with counselling, service provision and follow up of clients .
· Develop and nurture relationships with the PHC staff at the project sites to handle issues related to service provision.
· Ensure the clinical and medical logistics coordination for service provision.
· Lead and deliver the service provision component of this project with support from service providers from NHS.
· Identify Appropriate training need within the team in consultation with the Clinical service manager and induction of the new team
· Coordinate and manage the clinical emergency response components of the project.
· Efficiently provide core MSION clinical services (family planning methods ).
· Ensure proper management and maintenance of all clinical supplies and equipments
· Ensure proper sterilization of Clinical instrument on a daily basis
· Ensure proper supervision of the IPO officer in maintaining infection prevention policy
· Counsel and assist clients to make informed FP/SRH choices when necessary
· Ensure that clinical complications at service delivery points are minimised or professionally managed when they occur.
· Adequate and timely requisition of items, stock management and record keeping
· Provide relief duties to teams as and when the pressing need arises
Communication and Administration
· Ensure formal communications with the various health partners are properly documented
· Follow up on all clients complaints relating to any of the MSION services and make recommendations.
· Make proper use of available information systems in MSI to facilitate service delivery & trainings
· Assist the team with interviews relating to clinical issues to protect MSION reputation.
· Collate information/data on services provided in the field.
· Manage and properly account for all MSION resources and properties at the outreach Support the marketing department by providing technical advice to Clients at the small and large group community activations once a week.
· Must have a recognised clinical qualification in Midwifery.
· Must be registered with a recognised local clinical professional body in Nigeria and of good Standing
· Must have requisite experience to work with minimum supervision
Skills and Experience
· At least 3 years post-graduation experience in a Midwifery position [ESSENTIAL]
· Experience of working in Sexual and Reproductive Health [ESSENTIAL]
· Excellent provider-client interaction skills (ESSENTIAL)
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. [ESSENTIAL]
· Work experience with Nigeria Health Service and/or an INGO (DESIRABLE)
· Articulate and analytical with attention to detail.(ESSENTIAL)
· Knowledge of health delivery system in Nigeria(DESIRABLE)
· Must be multi-skilled
· Must have requisite experience to work with minimum supervision.
Attitude / Motivation:
· Sympathetic to women and men seeking Family Planning and Reproductive Health services [ESSENTIAL]
· Be able to work on own initiative and at longer periods.
· Customer focused with good interpersonal skills to engage with people at all levels –government, donor and community
· Passionate about maternal health
· Motivates team members to deliver high quality service and results
· Team player
· Self-motivator and able to motivate others to achieve results
Interested candidates should apply by email with CV and suitability statement as a single attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday, 19th August 2016. MSION is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving gender balance within the organization. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
The subject of the email should be the POSITION TITLE/LOCATION and the CV/Suitability statement should be saved in the applicant’s full name. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.NOTE: Shortlisting will start as soon as we start receiving applications and deadline might be changed without prior notice.