New Opening at Standard Chartered Bank
Posted on: 9 August, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Standard Chartered Bank
Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria - We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group's people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
- Credit Risk Control Processes
- Preparing the standard securing documents as advised by approvals and in line with Bank policy requirements.
- Preparing/amending non-standard securing documents subject to appropriate approval authorities as specified in user-guide.
- Processing customer lending details in the Bank documentation system.
- Maintaining required constitutional/contractual/security checklist for clients
- Providing quality support and advice to the business on all documentation-related matters.
- Liaising with internal and external Legal counsel for effective resolution of documentation issues.
- Reviewing of all documents received by customers as well as non-documentation related conditions precedent to facility drawdown.
- Approving and reviewing limit uploading process.
- Review Credit Risk Control processes and drive standardization and automation of processes.
- Provide inputs / support to the Group on standardisation / automation initiatives.
- Manage the post-launch activities (e.g. training) to ensure that policy/process improvements or initiatives are properly implemented, consistently interpreted, understood and applied
- Prevent occurrences of near misses or operational losses arising from ineffective credit documentation processes or controls.
- Provide assurance that the Departmental Operating Instructions and Roles &Responsibilities implemented are being effectively executed and adhered to.
- Ensure the service standards agreed with Business Units are met for the various Credit Risk Control activities.
- Provide support to the Head Credit Risk Control on all Unit related issues. People and Talent
- Contribute to ensuring that all team members have updated training and development plans (ILDPs), and also all planned training programs are completed on schedule and within the budget
- Ensure that the team completes the required accreditation and continuously develops its skills and knowledge
- Active and engaged performance management through setting clear objectives and good application of the P3 process. This includes ensuring accurate data (e.g. reporting lines, job objectives, role family, titles etc.) of the team in Peoplesoft
- Clearly identify contingency and succession plans for the team Risk Management
- Ensure areas of responsibility are performing to an acceptable risk and control standard
- Act quickly and decisively when any risk and control weakness becomes apparent and ensure they are addressed within an appropriate timeframe and escalated through the relevant committees Governance
- Ensure compliance with internal and external requirements to the extent of their applicability to processes handled by CRC. This includes compliance with local banking laws, other applicable laws.
- Embed the Group’s values and code of conduct to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture
Qualifications and Skills
- A university qualification with a minimum of a second class Degree
- Good knowledge and grasp of Standard Chartered’s CIC Clients business and related policies and processes (with specific reference to documentation related policy framework), and the applicable regulatory framework that governs the CRC activities
- Broad understanding of banking information management infrastructure and operational processes
- Ability to provide strategic direction to the function to achieve improved stakeholder experience with documentation and drive revenue while maintaining control environment
- Strong leadership qualities, with the ability to motivate and lead multi-country teams in changing & challenging situations
- Strong analytical and dispute resolution skills, and the ability to command the respect of a cross functional set of professionals at a senior level
- Ability to make independent decisions with a strong sense of empowerment
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work with multi-cultural teams in an effective manner
- Skills in project management and process improvement
- Ability to define priorities, and to develop and execute strategies across a broad range of issues
- Skills in managing Audit exercises at a high level to achieving acceptable risk rating
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Standard Chartered Bank career website on cgportal.global.standardchartered.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Standard Chartered BankSimilar Jobs
- Job Vacancies at a Leading Bank - PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC)
- Graduate Client Communication Officers at Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Job Opportunities at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- Head, Corporate Planning at a Leading Bank - PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC)
- Latest Recruitment at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- Chief Executive Officer at Letshego MFB
- Lead Country Program Coordinator (CPC) at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- Marketers at Sterling Asset Management and Trustees Limited (SAMTL)