Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria - We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group's people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
- Customer Service
- Attend to customer sales / financial enquiries.
- Evaluate customer needs and provide advice as to products required.
- Cross sell bank products to current / potential customers.
- Facilitate the account opening process (for rm sourced and in-branch accounts)
- Prepare weekly reports on service issues & in branch accounts opened
- Support acquisition and growth of customer relationships through
- Back up custodian of TSM’s vault keys and ATM combo and ATM entrance keys
- Back up custodian to TSM’s stock of cheque book, cards, returned cheques and captured cards
- BVN Enrolment
Ensure you remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Bank’s efforts in combating it by adhering to the principles in relation to:
- “Identifying your customer, knowing your customer, reporting suspicions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to Customers”.
- Identify other business opportunities and refer same to relevant units within the bank
- Support the Branch Sales & Service Executive in sales and management of front office desk
- Complaints handling and resolution
- Customer satisfaction
- Attainment of branch sales & service targets.
- Management of uncollected items [ chq bks & cards]
People and Talent:
- Staff Versatility - ability to handle minimum 2 job function per staff
- Ensure minimum monthly training for branch staff
Operational Risk Policy:
- Ensure money laundering requirement as follows:
- Full awareness of money laundering prevention.
- Ensure you remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Bank’s efforts in combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to:“Identifying your customer, knowing your customer, reporting suspicions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to customers”, observe clear desk policy always.
- Monitoring of Front Office Branch registers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Ensure reduced / minimal operational irregularities.
- Resolving exceptional investigations and inquiries and liaising with other functions to ensure that issues are resolved.
- Analysis and reporting of management statistics
- Act as the responsible party under the Group’s Risk Management Framework including relevant Operational Risk Framework ownership for branch sales and service related risk. Ensure a full understanding of the risk and control environment in area of responsibility
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for delivering ‘effective governance’; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
Regulatory & Business conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Standard Chartered Bank career website on cgportal.global.standardchartered.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.