New Job at Marie Stopes Nigeria (MSION)
Posted on: 4 August, 2016
Deadline: 12 August, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Marie Stopes
Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION) is a results-orientated non-Governmental organisation, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide family planning and other reproductive healthcare clinical services in underserved communities. MSION’s goal is to dramatically improve access to family planning and related reproductive health services to reduce maternal mortality and ultimately poverty in Nigeria.
MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which operates in 43 countries and is the largest non-Governmental provider of family planning in the world.
- Prepare and submit monthly Management report of MSION
- Ensure sound financial controls in all MSION service delivery Channels
- Contribute to monthly management and periodic statutory accounts as well as reports
- Provide in-depth analysis of monthly report that help FD in decision making
- Focal point of any queries come on monthly report form management and London office
- Responsible to complete the monthly reporting pack and submit to HQ on timely basis.
- Monthly reconciliation of intercompany accounts with London office and other country programs.
- Monitor the social marketing credit limits and advice FD about changes in credit limits
- Prepare Budget for Management approval and upload same in SUN within the deadline stipulated by MSION.
- Ensure a proper Transaction Filing System is maintained for all financial activities
- Regularly discuss with FD and team members concerning management reporting issues, errors, trends, payment delays, outstanding commitments and related matters.
- Undertake all areas of responsibility in a professional manner and in a way that enhances the reputation of MSION
- Provide support during project audits and statutory audit
- Filed visit to regional office on periodic basis to provide support the field finance officer and ensure filed financial management is transparent and all internal controls are in place.
- Advice FD in upgradation of financial procedures and policies as and when required on timely basis.
- Work as member of procurement committee and ensure all procurement is being done as per organization policies and procedure
- Coordinate closely with procurement and logistic team to get monthly stock report on timely basis and verify stock report with service data before entering in SUN system.
- Supervise the payroll system and ensure the payroll cost is being allocated properly to each project and channels with consultation of projects heads and HR department.
- Ensure the correct coding with close coordination of finance manager and project heads. Review the transactions in SUN regular basis for correct charging and allocation to relevant codes.
- Monitor the staff debt regularly and ensure advances must retire on timely basis.
- Any other duties requested by the Finance Director or other Senior Management Team members. The JD’s can be adjusted according to need of the department and organization as per changes in departmental structure
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A degree with minimum of 2nd class Upper division, and recognised professional qualifications such as ACA, ACCA, etc
- 5-7 years’ experience in a similar role with an NGO/INGO
- Working knowledge of different donors USAID, ECHO DFID etc.
- Ability to use SUN Accounting package and other accounting packages
- Advance excel skills preferred
- Ability to multitask, manage a workload and produce high quality, on-time work
- Good team player and flexible while working with other colleagues
- Ability to influence others to do what is to be done.
- Must possess good listening skills
- Must be fair, goal oriented, responsible and skilled
- Must be a good director of affairs both human and material
- Must be charismatic
- Ability to look beyond the obvious/routine
- Ability to see what others cannot see
- Ability to seek a richer set of alternatives
- Ability to question assumptions
- Must be an energetic person with unusual initiative
- Must be resilient
Sound ethics and integrity:
- Must be discernibly honest and of consistent upright character
- Must be ethical i.e. must follow the ideals and responsibilities of the banking industry as set out in the code of ethics guiding operations and operators in the industry.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CVs and suitability statement as a single attachment to: email@example.com
- The subject of the email should be the Position Title/Location and the CV/Suitability statement should be saved in the applicant’s full name.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- MSION is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving gender balance within the organization. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Marie StopesSimilar Jobs
- Latest Job Vacancy at Solidarities International
- Ongoing Recruitment at FHI 360 (24 Positions)
- Job Opening at The United Nations
- Job Opportunity at COOPI - Cooperazione Internazionale
- Job Openings at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
- Communications and Advocacy Manager at IRC - International Rescue Committee
- Advocacy Manager at National Democratic Institute (NDI)
- Job Opening at Creative Associates International