New Job Vacancy at Global Profilers Limited
Posted on: 4 August, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Global Profilers
Globalprofilers is an international recruitment & HR consultancy company, we are providing a wide range of recruitment and selection services to local and international companies in Africa. Our Team of dedicated consultants offers businesses to get the right and best talent across wide range of sectors and professions.
Africa is experiencing an economic boom in all sectors. It is a dynamic as well as complex & diverse market. Our Specialized approach is backed by deep understanding of all aspects of business and industry in this challenging and growing market whilst retaining our global standards in talent acquisition and HR services.
The Procurement Officer is primarily responsible for streamlining the cost of procurement and ensuring procurement documentation is properly compiled and utilized. He or she will also ensure that suppliers and end users are properly guided and see to it that procurement requests are compiled on time.
- Head the procurement and disposal unit including: Generating short, middle and long term savings and following them up by KPI. Developing and managing the Units Budget. Submitting regular reports on the unit to the Finance Manager
- Maintaining a list of prequalified suppliers for the whole range of company goods, service and works including: Initiating the recruitment and selection of suppliers in accordance with Company Regulations. Communicating with suppliers in matters leading to placement of orders and responding to their inquiries.
- Maintaining procurement requirements for the company including; liaising with Heads of User Departments and Sections to determine their procurement requirements. Preparing bid documents and recommending procurement methods to Contracts Committee. Placing orders of suppliers through use of LPOs. Receiving and opening bids, coordinating the evaluation of bids and submitting reports. Ensuring that suppliers deliver goods services and works in accordance with specifications and terms of order.
- Ensuring that the necessary company procurement documentation is in place and properly utilized including: Providing timely advice to the Finance Manager on all matters pertaining to procurement. Developing appropriate systems, procedures and guidelines for the Procurement Unit.
- Performing other duties as may become necessary for the smooth running of the Unit and the Company as a whole.
Targets and Goals
- To reduce the cost in 2017 by 15% compared to 2016 cost
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- MBA [in Purchasing Supply or Economics related area] would be an added advantage
- 3 - 5 years purchasing, procurement related work experience
- Technical awareness
- Fluency in English
- Leadership skills
- Strong admin and follow up skills
- Ability to work on target
- Proven Negotiation skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent Communicator
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Global Profilers career website on globalprofilers.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Global ProfilersSimilar Jobs
- Latest Job Vacancies at KPMG Nigeria
- Young Leaders Programme Fellow at McKinsey & Company
- Job Openings at StreSERT Services Limited
- Job Vacancy at ConSol Limited
- Job Vacancies at Teclab Management Services Limited
- Job Openings at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
- Sales Manager Vacancy at Integrated Corporate Services Limited (ICSL)
- Job Opportunities at CA Global