Jevkon Oil and Gas Ltd is a private Nigerian limited liability Company duly registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission in 2003. The company engages in the business of operation of 3 product carrier vessels.
Jevkon is major player in the maritime sector, with Head Office at Ikoyi Lagos. We require the service of a highly resourceful and self motivated individual to fill the position of an Accountant in our company.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for all the financial operations of the company, payroll administration, accounts payable and inter-company accounts.
- Preparation of financial report and comments on variances from budgeted level.
- Preparation of cash flow projections.
- Development of business plans.
- Preparation of financial report and comments on same.
- Responsible for month end closure and preparation of the trial balances.
- Supervision of intercompany accounts, salary and wages preparation
- Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures
- Analyze revenues, commissions and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations
- Assist with financial and tax audits
- Perform other projects as assigned
- Must have a B.Sc in Accounting or related discipline.
- Must be a Chartered Accountant
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the same position with at least two years in the maritime sector.
- Must be very conversant with accounting packages
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be confident, hardworking, honest and result oriented
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Experience in financial facilities.
- Ensures consistent and quality financial and management reporting.
- Be able to maintain proper accounting record.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org, using Accountant as the subject of the mail.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.