If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
In light of the displacement in the north eastern part of Nigeria, NRC is about to start up an emergency response programme in Nigeria to respond to the humanitarian needs.
In the coming months, the main focus for NRC would be conflict affected populations including IDPs, returnees and the local communities in Borno State. NRC will initially be starting activities in the area of food security, water and sanitation, shelter/NFI sectors and Access Coordination.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated Access strategy functions according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Provide information management support through data/information triangulation, data storage and dissemination as delegated.
- Support the verification and analysis of field level information collected/generated on humanitarian and contextual shifts.
- Support in the development of access information products e.g. maps, graphs etc.
- Ensure data/information security
- Liaise with field based networks in information gathering and analysis.
- Implement a filing system/archives according to procedures
- Relevant university degree, or other relevant educational background combined with relevant professional experience.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Managing resources to optimize results
- High-level competency in computer skills (Microsoft Office applications)
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Proficiency in English and Hausa
- Contextual knowledge of north east Nigeria (Borno State) preferred.
- Experience in handling multiple data platforms and sources
- Demonstrated experience in development of communication/information
- Experience from working in information management and analysis in a humanitarian/recovery/security context
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Handling insecure environments
- Communicating with impact and respect
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
- Commencement: As soon as possible
- Contract period: 1 Year (with possibility of extension)
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s directions
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should submit their application letter and updated CV's to email@example.com The title of the position you apply for (Access Information Officer - Maiduguri) must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail. Please notice that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please notice that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please note that to apply at NRC is FREE!!!
- Aany application after the closing will not be considered
- NRC does not ask for money or any form of favour for submission of application or employment.
- The Norwegian Refugee Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Women are particularly encouraged to apply to this position.