If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Intel Corporation is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Santa Clara, California. Intel is one of the world's largest and highest valued semiconductor chip makers, based o
The Intel Security Group (ISecG) has recently established an Enterprise Endpoint Engineering team in Cork, Ireland to deliver innovative security solutions on Windows, Linux and Mobile platforms. The business objective is to offer unique and disruptive solutions to broaden the Intel Security footprint on the enterprise endpoints and attract new customers, not limited to Intel Architecture (IA) devices.
The successful candidate should have a proven track record in delivering Kernel and User-Mode solutions that are portable between different instruction sets and operating systems.
Intel Security is committed to Scrum and Test Driven Development (TDD) and therefore, the successful candidate should be passionate about software engineering best practices and driven to embrace leading-edge engineering tools and techniques.
- Are you passionate about security and working on building innovative end-to-end solutions that run on millions of enterprise endpoints?
- Do you enjoy engaging with multiple engineering teams to build and deliver world-class solutions?
- Are you enthusiastic about solving complex engineering problems that have very high visibility within the organization?
- If yes, we would be interested in having you in our team and look forward to hearing from you.
The Role of a Senior Software Engineer
- The primary job responsibility is the design and development of commercial, enterprise-level applications and system-services on Windows and Linux (typically developed using C/C++, Java).
- Interpret high-level requirements and business proposals and translate these to forward-looking architecture and design specifications.
- Perform analysis and design using object-oriented techniques and, where applicable, apply software design patterns to devise elegant solutions that can be easily maintained and extended.
- Write well-formatted, commented and readily-understood code.
- Write unit-tests to verify the integrity of your code such that refactoring can proceed at pace.
- Perform design and code reviews within the team, mentor and coach junior engineers and uphold engineering best-practice.
- Manage the code-base through the full development life-cycle.
- Debug complex issues and apply fixes under time-pressured situations.
- Apply the necessary rigours to build solid and secure code.
We would love to talk to you if you are a team player, capable of working alongside other engineers and testers, often located remotely. At times, you will be required to work independently with minimal supervision. You must also demonstrate flexibility to work across a range of technologies, in a dynamic environment, depending on project requirements.
Who we are looking for to join our team
- Strong experience in software design and development and a thorough understanding of software release processes.
- Good level of experience developing software in C/C++ and Java. Familiarity with Win32 and/or the CRT and/or JDK.
- Excellent knowledge of object-oriented design. Familiarity with software design patterns & software-refactoring is desirable.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot challenging engineering problems.
- Must possess good communication and collaboration skills and demonstrate the ability and flexibility to work as part of a global team across multiple time-zones.
- A good understanding of Windows and Linux Operating Systems is an advantage.
- A good understanding of TCP/IP networks and IPC is an advantage.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science or equivalent. (We will consider other qualifications, if supported by good experience in the field.)
- M.Sc. in technology-related subject would be a distinct advantage.
- Previous experience of developing security software is a distinct advantage though experience in systems programming or Infrastructure/Framework development will also be considered.
- The successful candidate would likely have around 7+ years experience.
If our future development team sounds like a space you would be interested in contributing to, please send us your CV and we will be in touch with you to explore further.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Intel Corporation career website on www.linkedin.com to apply