Execution Edge is an advisory and management consulting firm with strong capabilities and experience in the development and execution of strategy. We partner with our clients to achieve success by providing value-driven financial and enterprise transformation solutions that cut across the various facets of businesses, governments and institutions.
We are hiring for the role of a Group Head Human Resources & Corporate Services on behalf of our client, an indigenous congolomerate with businesses ranging from E&P to Oil Field Service, Power, Mining and Agriculture.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Developing the human capital strategy, philosophy, and programs enabling the execution of the business strategy through human capital, and serving as chief architect of the employment brand.
- Driving cultural change as initiatives needed to ensure workforce alignment, engagement, and retention.
- Building highly efficient HR processes, systems, and infrastructure.
- Ensuring legal and regulatory compliance in all aspects of the organization’s employee policies, compensation programs, health, welfare and retirement plans, and employee and workforce unions.
- Assessing, monitoring, developing plans for, and addressing all aspects of people-related risk, in partnership with the Legal Advisor and the Chief Compliance Officer.
- Advising and consulting with the CEO, the board, and senior leadership on the impacts and implications of business strategy on human capital.
- Establishing and driving a culture of continuous learning and development of individual technical and behavioural competencies required to optimize performance. Ensuring that development programs are available and sufficient to address performance gaps.
- Managing and ensuring a robust and rigorous succession planning process is in place.
- Providing leadership, development, and oversight to the HR department in the following functional areas:
- Talent acquisition,
- Workforce planning and budgeting
- Diversity and inclusion,
- Job and organizational design,
- Total rewards,
- Succession planning and leadership development,
- Performance management and
- Employee welfare and workforce relations.
- Oversee administrative staff of the Group, to ensure that all group office facilities are in good working condition, with services such as cleaning, power supply, parking and coordination of transportation needs for all office personnel.
- Oversee security services responsible for safeguarding all assets, offices and personnel.
- Oversee the Government & External Relations role, to; develop and manage key stakeholder relationships in support of the Group’s projects, including the Media & Government.
- Develop and maintain the Group Branding Strategy and image.
- Provide guidance on corporate social responsibility activities for the Group.
Job Knowledge and Experience
- Experienced professional in the Human Resources discipline, with a minimum of 15 years of relevant experience in.
- An HR generalist with experience across the relevant HR skill pool disciplines – Talent Management, Policies, and Compensation & Benefits.
- Has strong leadership and communication skills, able to develop staff, with a proven ability to support executive leadership teams to achieve organizational excellence, by initiating, coordinating and implementing change, with a focus on leadership and engagement.
- A self-starter, flexible, and can effectively respond to rapidly changing needs, priorities and a high workload.
- Bold and audacious; can challenge the status quo and intervene to drive significant improvements.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience resolving complex employee relation issues
- MA, or equivalent, in Human Resources
- CIPD qualified or other HR Certification (SHRM-CP etc.) desirable
- Relevant management qualification or training
- Staff strength > 300; Several locations, with 5 Bases all complete with own asset/infrastructure
- All corporate services activities
Key Job Challenges
- Reduce costs
- Ensure employees are aligned to envisioned future state of the company
- Create a culture where employee actions reflect organization’s expectations
- Flexibility to change
- Attract, retain and engage competent employees
- Manages 5 direct reports; Talent Manager, Policies, Procedures & Compensation Manager, HR Operations Manager, Government & External Relations Manager and Chief Security Officer.
- Oilserv Executive Leadership Team and Board of Directors
- Employee Satisfaction Index (Satisfaction and complaints by department)
- Percentage Turnover
- Internal promotions
- Human Capital Value Added
- Company Profitability
- ROI of training
- Training hours per employee
- Leadership Index
- Labor cost per employee
- Recruitment cost
- Number of instances of negative media coverage in a period
Skills & Competencies
- Leading Change – Mastery
- Problem Solving & Decision Making - Skill
- Collaboration - Skill
- Critical Thinking - Skill
- Adaptability - Skill
- Business Acumen - Mastery
- Organizational Building - Mastery
- Strategic Leadership - Mastery
- Effective and Results Driven - Mastery
- Team Player - Mastery
- Communication - Skill
- Judgment/Trust - Skill
- Values - Skill
- Confident and Resilient - Skill
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Execution Edge Limited career website on www.linkedin.com to apply