Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
- Group Finance: budgeting and forecasting, creating interim and annual financial statements, facilitating internal mergers and acquisitions, as well as dealing with analysts and investors.
- Providing support in the administration of best practices in capital management.
- Capital management planning and forecasting, ensuring both local and SARB requirements are met.
- Providing support in the administration of effective risk management processes in the department
- Conduct stress testing on an ongoing basis
- Preparation of stress test result for requisite GovCos and presentation where applicable
- Preparation of annual ICAAP in line with regulatory requirements.
- Preparation of Capital Management Pack for requisite GovCos and presentation where applicable
- Proactively manage Economic Capital and SARB Regulatory Capital within SIBTC
- Manage the risk appetite framework and regular monitoring
- Keep up to date on regulatory changes especially those impacting capital management.
- Prepare required regulatory reports (CBN and SARB) accurately and meet all regulatory deadlines.
- Develop and maintain strong working knowledge of the regulatory reporting requirements including Basel principles.
- Attend to all queries coming from the submitted returns, and other ad-hoc requests from the regulators.
- Prepare and supply information required for annual internal financial control (IFC) and liquidity and capital management (LCM) audits as well as CBN/NDIC annual routine examinations.
Key Performance Measures:
- Quality and relevance of ALCO/Board and other GOVCO packs
- Implementation of best practices in capital management.
- Implementation of best practices in risk management
- Ensure that all external reporting requirements are timeously met, including preparation of periodic regulatory returns in compliance with regulations.
Internal and External Relationships
- Risk Management (Credit , Market, Operational, Risk Governance, Credit MIS and Chief Risk Officer), Compliance, Information Technology, ROA TCM Team
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- A Business or other Degree with a highly numerate bias
- Minimum of 4 years post qualification experience in Finance/ Risk/ Treasury within a busy commercial environment
- Strong knowledge of Basel II/III regulations;
- Appreciation of financial analysis and risk issues;
- Comprehensive knowledge of treasury products and good general knowledge of retail, corporate and capital markets products;
- Working knowledge/understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards.
go to method of application »
- Group Information Technology: systems development, business analysis, architecture, project management, data warehousing, infrastructure, maintenance and production
- Responsible for performing security monitoring and incident handling to ensure the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of information assets for the Standard Bank Group.
- Partner with relevant stakeholders to maintain and improve the security posture of Business and IT.
- Develop appropriate measures to understand the effectiveness of securing the bank through the availability of systems.
- Perform monitoring via the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tool as well as from external sources (e.g. telephone or email).
- Report on false positives and escalate those to the Lead Analyst for verification.
- Undertake incident analysis, tracking, recording, and response.
- Work with or assist other Cyber Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) members in analysis activities.
- Report new attack types or suspicious activity to the Lead Analyst.
- Update the Case Management tools with evidence trails of all analysed incidents.
- Document results of incidents.
- Escalate and provide feedback on incidents as per Incident Handling Classification Standard and process.
- Provide support to Lead Analyst and coordinate activities in support of Incident Containment.
- Interact with the CSIRT team by assignment from Lead Analyst or Manager of Cyber Security Operations Centre.
Mitigation of Risk:
- Continuously report on incidents identified via the SIEM.
- Spot patterns across a number of systems to provide advanced warning on new threats.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of Stanbic IBTC’s policies, procedures, or overall IT environment. Adherence to all applicable Policies and Procedures is mandatory.
- Ad- hoc compilation and submission of M.I.S reports.
- Security incidents reporting.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Understanding of the CSOC and CSIRT objectives and requirements.
- Relevant IT certifications.
- Working knowledge of relevant Operating Systems.
- Demonstrate knowledge of standards associated with the role, e.g. ISO, CobiT, ITIL.
- Understanding of incident management and case management technologies (ticketing systems).
- Excellent communication and skills, written and verbal.
- TCP/IP, HTTP, network access controls, Security principles
Method of Application
To apply, click on preferred job title(s)
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.