Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
You'll contribute to ending world hunger by ...
- Providing ACF’s field teams in Nigeria with essential logistics support during emergency response activities in Borno and building the capacity of the Logistics team in the base.
- Supervising the logistics team at base level
- Managing the supply chain function at base level
- Managing fleet and transport at base level
- Supervising the management of equipment at base level
- Contributing to sound financial management at base level
- Communication management at base level
- Building the capacity of other departments at base level in working with logistics documentation
You’ve broad experience in humanitarian logistics:
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Purchasing and Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Engineering or a related field.
- You have at least 3 years’ extensive experience in logistics management and coordination, preferably in Humanitarian or development work.
- You have demonstrated professional experience working in a fast paced and complex humanitarian emergency contexts.
- You have a good general knowledge of IT, mechanics, communications, supply chain management & procurement.
You enjoy the challenge of juggling multiple activities:
- You are highly organized & pay attention to small details. You take pride in planning not just the best case scenario but also for multiple contingencies.
- You are extremely capable sharing your technical knowledge, as well as the organization's policies & procedures – both verbally & in writing. Your reports are timely, comprehensive & well-written.
- You ensure your teams remain aware of changes in security conditions, challenges faced by the program implementers & any new contextual developments.
- You like to find & implement straight-forward solutions to tricky questions. You balance finding quick answers to immediate problems with planning projects that take a longer time to execute.
- You understand that the logistics function plays an invaluable role in keeping ACF’s core activities operational. You take pride meeting deadlines & following procedures correctly & keeping logistical documentation up-to-date.
Your work style builds confidence within your team:
- You maintain a mature and problem solving attitude when confronted with difficult situations.
- You remain calm and professional under pressure and encourage others to maintain efficiency and effectiveness as well.
- You are able to motivate and encourage others to deliver high standards of work
- You’re genuinely enthusiastic about helping the logistics teams achieve their objectives. You like to pass on to others what you’ve learnt & thrive on the variety of logistics activities that fall within this role’s scope of responsibility.
- You have experience working with colleagues who do not speak your language, speaking tactfully & listening carefully to others. You are used to explaining your work in non-technical terms & are comfortable explaining & reinforcing policies & procedures to a team.
- You have a high degree of emotional intelligence demonstrating strong self-awareness and the ability to take responsibility for your actions
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Action Against Hunger | ACF-International career website on careers.actionagainsthunger.org to apply