Graduate and Experienced Jobs at Orange Business Services
Posted on: 1 August, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Orange Business Services - Nigeria
Orange Business Services manages and integrates the complexity of international communications, freeing our customers to focus on the strategic initiatives that drive their business. Our extensive experience and knowledge in global communication solutions, together with our understanding of multinational business and local support in 166 countries and territories, ensure that our customers receive a consistent, global solution wherever they do business.
Customer Services & Operations
About the role
- Provide local support to all maintenance and installations for customer and network equipments which include LAN & WAN environment, desktop & peripherals.
- Undertake end to end fault determination, troubleshooting and resolution.(Acknowledgement and management of trouble tickets in the Equant Trouble Management Systems,engineering investigation (testing circuits, testing and replacing equipment) and managing logistics for parts replacement and repair)
- Available for participating on-call shifts outside business hours on rotating basis
- Provide local support to set up the hardware & download equipment configurations;
- Close coordination with internal functions, partners, supplier and 3rd party contractors for all Network and Customer Maintenance & Installations related activities. (Service desks, SCCs, Telco, ASPs etc.);
- Ensure that all administrative duties are completed in timely and accurate manner, including equipment returns, updating Service Coordination and closure of the calls/ cases, in close co-operation with other operating entities;
- Follow & comply ‘FE Handbook’ & proccess guidelines;
- Network Infrastructure Implementation ( place and manage orders with telecom providers, receive, stage and install telecom and data equipment);
- Provide support on install/upgrade/de-install/repair activities on Orange network sites for network equipments & links;
- Co-ordinate and manage all the actions related to the power & network infrastructure related changes (maintenance, install/upgrade etc.) as per the schedule;
- Repair and replace any damaged network equipment/link as per the standard work instructions;
- Support customer service & service delivery teams in engaging with local carriers & vendors for ordering/installation/maintenance of the network links with follow up to meet the desired targets of delivery & repair time;
- Close co-ordination with all the concerned functions within & outside of the organisation such as service desks, SCC, Telco, ASPs etc;
- Ensure compliance with all the policies & procedures of FOIS, contribution to meet functional objectives;
- Ensure customer satisfaction by meeting the SLA terms through short response/repair time;
- Participate & execute all the internal projects as per the requirement & criteria;
- Data Center Spares management per standard procedure to ensure spare availability;
- Continue to acquire new complex skills, Techniques, operating practices & processes and tools and technology knowledge towards proficiency in the fields of specialization;
- Work as a team with other staff to achieve local and global objectives;
- Ability to work in international environment but with capability to work independently when needed
- Ability to engage and partner with customer and internal staff as required.
- Ability to identify problems analytically and solve them to resolution as required and without stress.
- Ability to work in (virtual) team environment with internal and external organisations and with customer
- Graduate or a Diploma holder from Technical High School with specilization in IT/Telecom domain or Engineering/ technical degree in telecommunications and/or IT/ICT or equivalent qualifications or proven long experience in similar position. (based on local market practise)
- Formal accreditation in one/ some product areas (like network communication technologies, desktop, peripherals, IT platforms) is a benefit
- Minimum 1 year Practical work experience in customer facing organisations (PRO level 3-4, MLP min 7 years) within telecom or IT/ICT industry high tech/ high level services.
- Good level of practiced technical knowledge.
- Good virtual team work environment practise
Method of Application
Interested in this position, apply online on Orange Business Services website
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Orange Business Services - NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Support Intern at HostNowNow Limited
- Data Scientist - Analytics Office EMEA at Nokia Nigeria
- Hewlett Packard (HP) Recruiting for Computing Category Manager
- Web Developer at Imagine Concepts Limited
- Oracle Nigeria Student / Intern Recruitment 2017
- Digital Marketing Intern at MyJobMag
- IT Service Desk Analyst at High-Tech Data Systems Limited (HDS)
- Digital Marketing Sales Executive at Blackngreen Mobile Nigeria Limited