Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations. Palladium is built on the idea that progress will be supported by four key pillars:
- International Development
- Strategy Execution Consulting
- Impact Investment
- Training and Events
We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2000 employees operating in over 90 countries.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. Wealso provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Maternal, New-born and Child Health Programme (MNCH2)
The Palladium Group develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations. We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2000 employees operating in over 90 counties.
The Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Programme (MNCH2) is a country led programme which aims to reduce maternal and child mortality in Northern Nigeria and it is funded by the Department for International Development (DFID). The MNCH2 programme is being implemented in six states in northern Nigeria: Jigawa, Kaduna, Katsina, Kano, Yobe and Zamfara States.
We are looking for a Human Resources Assistant and an Administrative Assistant. These are full time positions to be based in Kano and Yobe states respectively.
In return we offer;
- A friendly and team-based working environment
- Opportunity to work with national and international colleagues
- Vital contribution to improving maternal and newborn services in Northern Nigeria
- The opportunity to truly ?make a difference?
A competitive salary with benefits
The Administrative Assistant will assist in the office administration and logistics of the MNCH2 at the State level. The Administrative Assistant will support the administrative and facility functions of MNCH2 for timely and effective implementation of project?s work. Support the coordination of MNCH2 transport and logistics services for all project activities at the state level. The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for booking accommodation for all staff and consultants visiting their state for project activities.
- Follow MNCH2 administrative guidelines and ensure smooth operations at the state office in liaison with MNCH2 Country Office in Kano.
- Support the review of existing administrative systems and procedures
- Ensure office equipment and facilities are in good working condition at all times.
- Ensure inventory quantities are sufficient for needs by coordinating regular inventory checks and through timely ordering of supplies.
- Alongside with the Finance & Admin Coordinator maintain up-to-date register of preferred suppliers and vendors and solicit periodic evaluation and performance input from main service users.
- Support the Finance & Admin Coordinator in preparing monthly office running cost analysis.
- Support in maintenance of fixed assets register by updating asset register, issue of asset movement for signing and approval, outdoor asset repair permission, etc.
- Provide guidance and direction to Office Assistant and drivers
- Provide and ensure logistics guidance for delivery of items and facilities as the case may be.
- Assist in procurement, clarifying specifications, analyzing quotations, and seeking for approval, ensuring purchases are made according to approved specification, price, quantity and quality inclusive.
- Assist follow-up on contractors to ensure about-to-expire agreements are renewed in a timely manner.
- Support in preparing monthly progress report which seeks to point out closed, outstanding and new issues for all field offices.
- Follow-up with Finance & Admin Coordinator/ Technical staff in resolving issues as they come up.
- Communicate pressing issues to supervisor for technical assistance and further directives.
- Supervise the office administration and logistics in the absence of the Finance & Admin Coordinator
- Ensure the proper use, maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment, such as generators, vehicles, communication, computer units and peripherals, video and audio equipment, other office equipment, and air conditioners and heaters.
- Ensure that temporary duty visitors are received/accompanied at/to the airport, have safe and adequate transportation and accommodations during their stay.
- Support all local and regional purchases as per defined threshold, and maintain tracking and documentation systems that will facilitate future processing, payment and audit requirements.
- In collaboration with the Finance & Admin Coordinator maintain rigorous operations ensuring that systems are in place for the proper receipt, rotation and control of program?s materials.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by any staff.
- University degree preferred.
- Significant office management experience.
- Experience managing DFID-funded activities and thorough knowledge of applicable regulations and requirements, preferred.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills demonstrated by ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, clients and consultants.
- Strong leadership, analytical and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team, assess priorities and manage a variety of activities with attention to detail.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel Spreadsheets, Word & PowerPoint; comfortable in a Windows PC environment.
Method of Application
Interested in this position, apply online on Palladium career website