GE Global Operations is GE’s multi-functional shared services organizations focused on delivering better outcomes at lower cost for our businesses and our customers. Global Operations delivers processes at scale to create capacity and enables GE growth. The strong partnership between Global Operations and GE Businesses creates a collaborative work culture and broadens best practice and industry knowledge sharing across the enabling functions. We believe that by keeping GE customers at the heart of everything we do, we will help GE work smarter, better and faster, allowing GE businesses to be more competitive in the global marketplace. We are teams of functional process and domain experts, focused on the solutions that deliver results for the company.
Job Number: 2609471
Business: GE Global Operations
Business Segment: Global Operations Human Resources
- The GO-HR Operations Leader is responsible for leading a team who will carry out all transactions required to support the employee’s life cycle with the organization, and playing the liaison role between the business EHRM/HRBP, GMS (where applicable), Immigration and other GE HR COE’s.
- Lead GO-HR operational services such as On-boarding, Off boarding, Payroll and Benefits (processing and administration) employee lifecycle management and ensure people, structures, processes and systems are aligned to deliver key objectives efficiently and effectively.
- Be the point of contact for GE leaders, employees & suppliers – in conjunction with other GE departments.
- Deliver HR transactions to the businesses ensuring all deadlines are met and customers (HRM and employees) are satisfied with the level of service.
- Proactively establish and drive process improvements and leverage capability of the GE GMS team where needed
- Awareness of Local Employment Laws & ensure local employment norms are met. Proactively seeks input from external parties to keep the business abreast of legislative and process changes and updates.
- Understand customer requirements and meet global key performance indicators and timelines. Integrate agreed performance targets and responsibilities and carry out regular follow up and review of scorecards/metrics.
- Create a continuous improvement culture, proactively identifying processes for improvement, supporting the enterprise standards and project team in the delivery of these initiatives and driving change as well as responding to business requirements.
- Maintain high standard of accuracy and quality, taking accountability for compliance with relevant legal and GE policy requirements. With particular focus on meeting all payroll financial requirements.
- Liaise with HRM & Line Managers to keep abreast of business requirements to ensure that the GO-HR operational team is resourced and trained effectively.
- Lead, develop, coach and motivate a team of GO-HR operational professionals to deliver the GO-HR vision across GE in the countries this role oversees.
- Support the Third Party Supplier leader in maintaining a strong relationship between GE and 3rd party suppliers e.g. P&B Vendors, Medical & Insurance vendors etc.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university, major in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Business Operations or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a variety of HR roles, both staff and client based.
- At least 3 years of experience in a HR leadership role·
- Excellent computer operation & presentation skills.
- Relish and stimulate change a demonstrated change agent with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Process and metrics oriented with exposure to continuous improvement principles (LEAN, Six Sigma, FastWorks etc.).
- Cheerful positive ‘can do’ attitude with ability to manage pressure creatively.
- Effective communication & excellent people management skills are a must.
- Knowledge of Shared Services ethos and key drivers for success.
- Strong sense of customer orientation.
- Knowledge of local Labor regulations.
- Fluency in English and local language(s) is preferred
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Strong operations manager and leader with a track record of improving performance in transactional teams.
- Experience in a multi-national, multi-cultural environment with excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experienced in setting up and managing KPIs’ and employee contracts.
- Understanding of HR issues is important but experience of delivering transactional services in a shared service context is key.
- Good networking skills with experience in operating in complicated matrix environment and able to build good working relationships both internally and externally.
- Tenacious, resilient, and flexible, should be capable of managing a complex and frequently changeable workload.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online on GE
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.