Latest Job at MTN Nigeria
Posted on: 29 July, 2016
Deadline: 11 August, 2016
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at MTN Nigeria
MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
- To ensure accurate and prompt reporting of Revenue and Cost of Sales.
- Generate all relevant analyses and related month-end info required for management reporting.
- Rapid growth and expansion of MTNN operations.
- Dynamic global telecommunications industry.
- Constant changes in technologies.
- MTN Nigeria business plan.
- Least cost operator initiative.
- Increasingly competitive market place.
- Evolving macro-economic environment both local and international.
- MTN Revenue, processes, policies and procedures.
- Rapid increase in both volume and value of transactions.
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- International Accounting Standard (IAS).
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Local Tax Regulations.
- CBN regulations and guidelines.
- NCC, Ministry of Industries, NOTAP and other relevant regulatory bodies’ regulations and guidelines.
- Cross-functional intra and inter-departmental cooperation/interface for business and systems process development.
- Liaise with technical support company in resolving system problems with the Billing systems.
- Cross-functional interface for resolution of revenue reconciliation issues with IS division.
- Extract value from what we already have by focusing on optimizing processes within the Unit/Department in line with the value creation philosophy. This includes individual contributions and recommendations to improve existing business project/initiative, capital/budget efficiency activities within the Unit, contracts review and negotiation in collaboration with the Procurement team, structural changes within the Unit etc.
- Drive Innovation by identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., by stimulating and encouraging new business opportunities, launch of products, product/process innovation, business model innovation etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by influencing stakeholders within your immediate ecosystem for MTNN’s benefit. This includes participation in credible external think-tank sessions, involvement in inter-divisional focus Group sessions to improve business performance etc.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national macro environment by participating in CSR projects and/or NGO’s, involvement in recognized professional institutions, think-tank activities etc.
- Role model the vital behaviours needed to sustain organisational performance and drive people management activities by being the principal coach for your direct reports using the people management framework. Participate in employee engagement projects such as mentorship, facilitating programs, etc. In addition, support recruitment, on boarding and grievance management processes etc.
- Carry out process analysis, requirement gathering and reviewing/developing test scripts for UAT purposes to ensure data integrity for reporting Revenue streams.
- Review Billing reports of the prior month to ensure which data to reprocess and escalate unsolved cases to RA.
- To review and analyze Non-Financial info (to be able to prepare reports needed) for support and checking financial information.
- Run and analyze different queries for Revenue analysis.
- To ensure integrity of data being used for revenue reporting.
- Taking ownership of revenue cycle related modules on ERP.
- Provide reports from Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and other source system to support revenue accountant activities.
- To conduct monthly data reconciliation between different data source system and follow the material difference till it’s solved if exist.
- Confront network toll ticket files and traffic anomalies and escalate to network group and information systems for prompt resolution where necessary.
- Ensure efficient optimisation of databases/systems and prompt resolution of all reconciling items.
- Monitor and report on key performance indicators in order to meet all month end reporting deadlines.
- Review changes to system configuration including GL set-up data and basic accounting information, in order to guarantee data integrity for Revenue reporting.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open plan office
Experience & Training
- First Degree in Computer, IT or related area of study
- A professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA) will be an added advantage.
- Fluent in English
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Experience working in an IS environment.
- Experience in telecommunications industry is desirable
- Minimum experience in Accounting is also desirable.
- Practical knowledge of Computer Programming especially DB, Data warehouse, Business Intelligent
- Trend analysis and interpretation
- Knowledge of high volume data analysis
- Understanding the billing and accounting system sources, structure of tables and ERP System
- Proficiency in basic office software’s
- Proficiency in working with ERP systems.
- Proficiency in data mining software
- BEd, BEng, BSc, BTech or HND
Method of Application
To apply, visit MTN Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about MTN NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Job Openings at Swiz-tech Nigeria Limited
- Job Opportunities at Contec Global Infotech Limited
- Progammer at Lafrique Tracking and Security Services
- Development Consultant at Sage
- IT Internships at Auxano Solutions Technology
- IaaS/PaaS Cloud Success Manager at Oracle Nigeria
- Graduate Customer Service Representatives at Tizeti Network Limited
- Business Process Analyst at MainOne Cable Nigeria