StreSERT is a professional services organisation that offers quality stress-free solutions to corporate organisations. We offer business support and integrated solutions in different areas that ensure business objectives are achieved.
Critically, we evaluate issues as they impact your business, and consequently deploy the appropriate skills and competencies to proffer the needed solutions.
Our client is a group of company based in Lagos and into the services of Haulage, courier/express and freight.
To direct, promote, and coordinate the activities of the subsidiary in a manner that will optimize the unit’s market share, improve efficiency, help achieve the mission and goals, and result in the overall attainment of the overall objectives of the Group. The ideal person should have extensive experience in general courier services with managerial competence covering General Management, Marketing, and Operations.
- Oversee the overall running of Express/Courier unit;
- Outline the short term goals in line with the medium term plans, goals and policies of the unit;
- Supervise the daily activities of the mail room;
- Design operational master plan for the unit under the group;
- Ensure the optimization of the online mail tracking platform;
- Ensure the optimization of the Address Verification platform;
- Supervise the IT support systems;
- Supervise the maintenance of the unit's equipment;
- Drive business expansion of the subsidiary;
- Supervise the activities of all staff under the subsidiary;
- Drive Business Development of the unit;
- Ensure and maintain high standards of operation at all times;
- Drive the creation of new business relationships for the company;
- Ensure actualization of business targets;
- Ensure high standard of customer experience always;
- Ensure the growth in the company’s market share;
- Drive the company’s operational policy;
- Co-ordinate standards of field officers to ensure quality of delivery;
- Design internal appraisal measures to ensure optimal performance of staff;
- Proffer solutions to operational challenge at all stages;
- Drive and promote safe handling of all shipments;
- Maintain a safe and organized storage facility for all consignments in transit (warehousing related);
- Designs standard flow chart for the unit’s delivery process; and
- Co-ordinate delivery network across all branches.
Education and experience:
- Must be a graduate; additional qualification(s) will be a plus.
- Minimum of six (6) years experience in a related role and industry, with at least 3 of those in managerial level
go to method of application »
The logistics officer manages the logistics program to include the areas of supply, storage and transportation to given destinations.
- Assesses and organizes planning in terms of transport requirements, receipt, handling, storage and distribution of items and establishes proper warehousing and recording systems.
- In line with company policies, prepare for receipt of international shipments, and liaises with competent authorities for port clearances, way bills etc. and the timely delivery of items to the given location.
- Devises methods of stock control, closely monitors warehousing management, and regularly submits situation reports on stocks, equipment and prepositioned goods.
- Properly handle both original and copies of waybills and other important documents.
- Ensure accountable, timely and cost-effective release of cargos along with other personnel.
- Undertakes other duties as required.
- The Candidate must have a National Diploma or its equivalent
- Must have 1 – 2 years related experience.
Method of Application
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS SHOULD FORWARD CVs to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ using the job title, E.G; Headof Subsidiary’ as subject of mail before 12th August 2016. Wrongly titled applications will not be opened. Applicants who do not meet the above criteria need not apply. Please be guided.