The Federal Ministry of Environment, being the supervising Ministry of the National Park Service hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for appointment to the post of:
The Conservator-General is responsible for:
- The execution of the policies of the Service;
- The day-to-day administration of the Service;
- The co-ordination of the work of the secretariat of the Service and Conservators of National Parks;
- Subject to the general or special directives of the Board, carry out the provisions of the National Park Act,and
- Perform such other functions as the Board or Minister may from time to time assign in relation to the National Park Service Act.
Qualifications and Experience
In order to qualify for the position, prospective candidates must:
- Possess a Honours Degree in Wildlife Conservation or related fields.
- Possession of higher degrees will be an advantage;
- Possess a minimum of 10 years post qualification experience in Protected Area and Wildlife Management. Experience in National Park Management will be an advantage;
- Must have held a senior position in any of the IUCN’s categories of Protected Area in the Public Sector or its equivalent in the private sector.
- Practical knowledge of in-situ conservation will be an advantage
Salary and Conditions of Service
The remuneration and conditions of Service are as applicable to the post of Conservator-General and as may be determined from time to time by the Federal Government of Nigeria.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their applications including curriculum vitae, which should be submitted in PDF on a CD or Flash Drive stating:
- Date of Birth,
- Marital Status,
- Educational Qualifications,
- Professional Experience,
- Credentials backed with supporting documents as to assist the Ministry in the comprehensive assessment of suitability of the candidate
Applications are to be submitted under confidential cover with the envelop marked: "Post of Conservator - General" and addressed to:
The Honourable Minister,
Federal Ministry of Environment Headquarters,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.