Job at Standard Chartered Bank - SCBN
Posted on: 27 July, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Standard Chartered Bank
Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria - We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group's people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
- Support the SCO in optimising available capital resources and in creation of a desired portfolio risk profile through the application of Portfolio Standards and Risk Appetite principles in conjunction with the business.
- Approve Business Credit Applications under personal delegated credit authority.
- Effective management and monitoring of underwriting and control disciplines to ensure good turnaround times, a well managed portfolio and the enforcement of credit risk policies.
- Management of all stakeholders including developing relationships with business partners and balancing the role with stakeholder expectations.
- Ensure a strong credit culture is maintained and credit policies complied with.
- Ensuring quick transparent escalation of important issues and providing critical and timely inputs to key risk forums.
- Ensure that the quality of credit portfolio is maintained within acceptable parameters as defined by the group and local business strategy.
- Monitor and report excesses, breach of limit terms, early alert indicators and ensure that all such accounts are managed as per laid down procedures.
- Undertake regular customer visits to keep abreast of local market developments.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years experience in banking.
- Satisfactory functional experience in Corporate Banking Credit Risk Management.
- MBA /CA/CFA with experience in treasury/relationship management/consultancy and risk management;
- Successfully completed SCB’s Core Credit Curriculum (CCC)
- Good communication skills – written and oral;
- Good knowledge and grasp of banking practice, financial markets, Basel II and ICAAP, risk appetite, and portfolio management techniques;
- Hands on knowledge of the regulatory frameworks within the region;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to influence and resolve disputes. Enjoy decision making and have sense of ownership;
- Multi cultural awareness and sensitivity;
- Command respect of cross functional peers and business heads working in open ended situations;
- Good working relations with Regulators.
Method of Application
To apply, visit SCBN Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Standard Chartered BankSimilar Jobs
- Business Analyst at BetaPlus Int'l Synergy Limited
- Financial Accountants at Afterschool Center for Career Development
- Career Opportunities at Accion Microfinance Bank
- Internal Control Officer at the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE)
- Career Opportunities at Stanbic IBTC Bank
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) Recruiting for Digital Champs
- Latest Recruitment at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- IT Officer at Petra Microfinance Bank Plc