Osun State University (UNIOSUN) was established by the Law of the Osun State House of Assembly in December, 2006. The University commenced academic activities on 22d September, 2007 simultaneously on permanent sites on its six campuses located in the six geo-po1tical zones of Osun State. The campuses are located in Osogbo, (Main Campus), Ejigbo, Ifetedo, Ikire, Ipetu..Ijesa and Okuku.
- The Registrar is a Principal Officer and the Chief Administrative Officer of the University.
- She/he is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day to day administration of the University except for financial matters which fall within the purview of the Bursar.
- The Registrar is also the Secretary to Council, Senate, Congregation and Convocation and other statutory bodies.
Qualification and Experience
The Candidate must:
- Possess a good honours degree and at least fifteen (15) years post qualification administrative experience;
- Should have been at a level of Deputy Registrar in a University or Research institute of comparable standing for a minimum of three (3) years as at the closing date of this advertisements;
- Possess a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline;
- Professional qualification(s) in an appropriate field(s) will be an added advantage;
- Be not older than 60 years as at 2nd October, 2016.
- The Candidate shall be a person of high integrity and strong moral character with excellent interpersonal relations.
- She/he must be able to instill confidence in others and command the loyalty and respect of people.
- She/he must fully understand the complexity of a University system and must be able to effectively utilize its human resources to attain a world class administrative system.
- She/he must enjoy good physical and mental health. She/he must be ICT compliant.
Terms of Appointments
- Appointment is for a period of five years effective from the date of assumption of duty and on such other terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
- The salary is as applicable to similar positions in Federal Universities in Nigeria and as may be determined by the Government of the State of Osun and Council of Osun State University from time to time.
Method of Application
Applicants are required to submit thirty-five (35) copies of their Curriculum Vitae, certificates and other relevant credentials which should contain among other things:
- Name in full (Surname first in block letters);
- Date and place of birth;
- State of origin;
- Permanent home address;
- Present postal address;
- Marital status;
- Number and ages of children;
- Educational Institutions attended with dates and qualification with Class of Degree obtained including membership /fellowship of relevant professional bodies, if any;
- Work experience including full details of former and present posts with dates;
- List of publications, if any;
- Other relevant activities outside current employment;
- Major professional achievements, contributions including awards received, if any; and
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees. Each referee must be contacted by the applicant to forward, direct to the Acting Vice-Chancellor, a confidential report on the candidate’s character, academic and managerial competence, in a properly sealed envelope marked "Reference/Post of Registrar" at the top left hand corner of the envelope.
The application should also include thirty-five (35) copies of the candidate’s Statement of Vision for the University for the next five years and beyond. The statement must not be longer than 5,000 words.
All applications should be submitted under confidential cover and addressed to:
The Acting Vice-Chancellor,
Osun State University,
The sealed envelope containing the application or nomination materials should be marked "Application/Post of Registrar" at the top left hand corner and forwarded to reach the Acting Vice-Chancellor.
The submission of the hard copy should be accompanied by full electronic submission of the application and accompanying materials to be mailed as attachment in PDF or MS word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org the subject matter should read "Application for the Post of "Registrar". Referees should be similarly encouraged to submit signed electronic copies of their references in PDF format to the same address.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.