Pursuant to NINERELA+ mission, its seek the services of experienced and committed officer with experience in the HIV and AIDs programming to work as a team supporting the network activities at the national secretariat:
About the Job
The Finance Officer is primarily responsible for the sound and efficient functioning of the financial systems and procedures at the NINERELA+ national secretariat. In addition, the Finance Officer Will advice the National Coordinator and the Programme Team regarding all financial matters (available budgets, activities, etc.) connected to the network activities. The Finance Officer would also be responsible for developing budgets as well as production of timely monthly and quarterly finance reports.
- Ensure compliance with Partners Fund’s financial management requirements.
- Generate and coordinate periodic financial reports, (i.e. monthly/quarterly/annually)
- Ensure that all accounting records are maintained in line with the manual, GAAP and Donors and Partners requirements.
- Follow up on prompt release of funds, once approved.
- Ensure relevant books and records are maintained for all financial transactions for activities under him/her.
- Prepare monthly Bank Reconciliation statements for all bank accounts;
- Responsible for issuing receipts, preparing and posting of Payment Vouchers into the relevant systems and maintaining the cash books in accordance with laid down procedures.
- Payment of advances as approved by the National Coordinator as well as ensuring the retirement of such cash advances.
- Ensure timely submission of relevant monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reports on activities implemented to all stakeholders.
- Support the programme officers to draw up periodic work plans and budgets
- Ensure prompt preparation and payment of monthly project staff salaries and other related payments.
- Educate staff on the statutory laws and regulations, fiscal policies and changes thereon.
- Engage in other duties as may be assigned by the National Coordinator
- Maintenance of the Networks staff data, equipment and facilities.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in finance and administration discipline with 2 - 3 years post-qualification experience in an organization working on HIV/AIDs.
- Good communication skills
- Resident in the FCT Abuja
- Ready to and capable of working both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and exercise of sound judgment and flexibility to achieve agreed outcomes
- Well-developed writing and analytical skills and an ability to express ideas clearly and concisely
- Effective presentation and interpersonal communication skills and ability to develop and maintain effective stakeholder relations
- Ability to contribute to the effectiveness of a team, including supporting others and managing priorities
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and other local dialects.
Method of Application
Application letter and CV should be appropriately named and attached to the email in a single document.
All applications must be received 7 days after the advertisement. All applications must be sent via e-mail to the contacts below. No surface mails or telephone calls will be entertained.
Applications should be sent via email to : firstname.lastname@example.org, or and addressed to: The National Coordinator, NINERELA+ Nat. Secretariat
The closing date for all applications is 5pm Friday, July 29, 2016
NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.