The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
Requisition #: R1010236
Job Category: Sales
The Business Entity
- Cisco Sales is all about Inspiring Dreams, Accelerating Growth, Connecting Worlds, Recognizing Wins, Respect and Enabling you to be your best. Does this sound intriguing to you? Welcome to Cisco.
- This Systems Engineering Manager role will be part of Cisco's Maghreb Engineering team (Based in our office in Algiers, Algeria)!
- Do you want to be part of Cisco's most gifted, diverse and specialized Engineering team?
- This team's strength is recognizing technical and business model transitions early and guiding customers and Cisco to properly align for success.
Role & Responsibilities
- Senior Manager, Systems Engineer to provide leadership and guidance to an operation and regional teams in support of sales and development efforts. In this role, you will be planning the technical direction for the team, identifying expertise to grow the team as needed, and facilitating key partnerships between internal, partner, and client organizations. This is an ideal position for someone who has proven leadership skills and related industry and technical expertise to advance their career in management or sales.
- Recruit, hire and retain the right people to form a systems engineering team that drives sales. Coach and develop staff; provide performance management, development planning, salary planning and technical training.
- Plan, organize and direct the activities of a variety of Corporate and non-sales support groups to ensure the finalization of customer system needs.
- Continuous team development with regard to fast-paced and changing technology to ensure state-of-the-art readiness to apply diverse solutions to customer's networking requirements.
- Develop relationships with customers, vendors, partners and corporate service organizations to manage successful network implementations that allow customers to gain competitive advantage through use of Cisco technology.
- Coach the Systems Engineering team to drive an architectural approach to solving customers' business challenges. Focus the team on creating and sustaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
- 10+ years related experience in the internetworking technology industry and 5+ years management experience (or demonstrated leadership of technical teams within Cisco).
- Cisco experience highly desired.
- Pre-Sales experience required.
- Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent.
- Solid knowledge in the relevant technical area's: Routing and Switching, Data Center and Virtualization, Communication and Collaboration, Security and Mobility.
- Have knowledge of relevant solutions sets, product line specifications, performance criteria and applications.
- Thorough competitive knowledge including solutions, technology and product offerings.
- Understand and be conversant about company, its solutions, and product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- In-depth understanding and experience in management of all aspects of sales support processes.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills to assist at the Customer Management Interface level, including negotiation and presentation skills.
- Excellent leadership, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Excellent conflict resolution and team building skills
- Demonstrate ability to manage professionally diverse employees through mentoring, coaching and skill development.
- Ability to establish clear objectives and direction for team.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online on Cisco career
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.