Abt Associates, an international development organization composed of a multi- disciplinary group of dedicated professionals who provide technical assistance, research, analysis and practical training services in more than 128 countries, seeks candidates for the USAID Strengthening Health Outcomes through the Private Sector (SHOPS) project in Nigeria. SHOPS focuses on improving availability, quality. and coverage of essential health products and services in family planning and reproductive health, maternal and child health, HIV/AIDS, and other health areas through the private sector
The Program Coordinator will serve as the lead advisor for the SHOPS diarrhea management program in Nigeria, He/she will work with private commercial sector health providers (most notably manufacturers and importers) to ensure continuous supply of quality, affordable ORS and zinc products in the Nigerian market.
Specific tasks and responsibilities include:
- Develop MOUs with manufacturers and suppliers of ORS and zinc to solidify partnership.
- Negotiate cost shared grant and set of activities to promote branded products: this may include development of trade marketing materials (brochures, information fliers for PMV's, detailing packs, point of sale materials, e.t.c), expansion of detailng/sales teams, development of mass media communications, sponsorship of clinical seminars, etc
- Conduct trainings for manufacturesr and suppliers' detailing/sales teams
- Provide technical advice to manufacturers and suppliers on the development of branded promotional material
- Conduct monitoring of retail outlets and the commercial supply chain to ensure that product sales/marketing informatlon is reaching retail outlets, especially the rural areas, and that the wholesale/distributor system is working to ensure product availability.
- Conduct monitoring at the retail level to ensure thatretailers are recommending the appropriate diarrhea treatment products and are providing appropriate counseling/advice.
- Work with relevant professional associations and regulatory authorities to ensure delivery of continuing medical education/seminars relating to diarrhea management to vendors and other private providers,
- Serve as committee member developing training curriculum for various provider cadres.
- Coordinate related research activities (retail audits, mystery client surveys, or HH surveys).
- Liaise with SfH, CHAl/other partners/NPHCDA and advertising firm on development and placement of provider and caregiver focused generic advertising messages and matertals,
- Other duties as assigned to enhance ORS and zinc marketing.
- Educational degree in pharmacy or marketing
- At least 5 years of working experience in sales and marketing in the pharmaceutical marketing industry in Nigeria.
- Thorough understanding of Nigeria pharmaceutical industry and wholesale/retail distribution systems.'
- Experience working in deve!opmentprograms and dealing with donor communities.
- Good writing and communication skills.
Method of Application
To Apply; Please put the position title in the subject line and attach a cover letter and CV and e-mail to HR@SHOPSProject.com.
Closing date two weeks from date of publication