If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Our client is an established Telecommunication Engineering service company in Nigeria with operations in Kano, Abuja, Lagos, Enugu and PH. As a result of expansion, the company is looking to hire some very skilled and resourceful individual as a Project Manager, Civil Site Build.
The role of the Project Manager (PM) is to plan, execute, and drive projects according to strict deadlines & within budget related to his region. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The PM will also define the projectâ€™s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
- Interpret and approve civil engineering drawing and detailing
- Manage all construction and engineering projects end to end.
- Manage the implementation of all civil construction works given to the company by various clients (IHS, ATC, LM Ericsson, etc)
- Manage all processes of SAQ ranging from Site Candidate search, Lease/Purchase negotiation, Legal authentication, Permitting, Community Issues, etc
- Control BTS/MSC equipment, construction materials and civil works to ensure adherence to scope requirements, guidelines and safety standards.
- Take responsibility for quality control of works on technical site survey (TSS), soil investigation, fencing, drainages, ducting, earthing and access road construction.
- Ensure site build projects are supervised and coordinated accordingly to adhere to clientâ€™s specifications within the allotted timeline.
- Work closely with Management to develop subcontractorâ€™s scheme, supervise them, coordinate their performance and take responsibility at all times.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the region
- â€¢ Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Serve as Community Liaison Officer when required.
- B. Engr/HND in Civil Engineering. MNSE and COREN will be added advantage
- Minimum of 7 yearsâ€™ experience and 3 years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- Must be a professional certified Project Manager: PMP/PRINCE2
- Strong familiarity with project management & other Business Applications software
- Demonstrated experience in personnel & process management.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently, and flexible during times of change.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments, and bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity.
- Strong written and oral communication, and strong interpersonal skills
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial
- A valid Driver's License and a driving experience of not less than 5 years.
- Maximum Age of 35 Years
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
- Some moderate travel within the country may be required for the purpose of meeting with clients, stakeholders, or off-site personnel/management
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should send in their CV + Cover Letter to email@example.com
Application ends August 05, 2016