MainOne's success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you'll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
This function would provide 24 x 7 Service Desk services. The NOC Service Desk Engineer will be responsible for the first line contact and response to customers (internal and external) on all technical issues and queries reported. Using the trouble ticketing systems in logging all reported service and non-service affecting queries. Specifically, the GNOC Service Desk Engineer’ responsibility includes:
• First point of contact for customers.
• Answer all network support related telephone calls and interface with internal/external customers on operational issues and related network events, using Main One’s standard operating procedures.
• Deliver high level of customer service in line with SLA’s.
• Liaise with Service (IP and TX) Engineers to ensure proper reporting of all faults/alarms are reported timely to the Service Desk Engineer.
• Open a trouble ticket (TT) for every network event and ensure it is tracked up to the point of closure.
• Proactively update the customer via mail and phone call.
• Maintain and ensure full compliance with all Main One’s NOC processes and procedures
• Acknowledge and process all access requests by internal and external customers to all MainOne facilities.
• Acknowledge and process all access requests by internal customers to all MainOne Third party PoPs.
• Ensure all Root Cause Analysis are dispatched to customers.
• Ensure customers are duly informed of all planned network maintenance activities.
• Ensure proper technical documentation of all network events throughout normal/shift cycle or operations.
• Run daily and weekly management reports on network events and activities as well as tracking escalations and other key performance indicators.
• Ensure all customer SLAs are met.
To work directly under the supervision of the GNOC Service Desk Supervisor.
Under the supervision of the GNOC Service Desk Supervisor, you will be required to liaise and interface with other groups/departments typically involved in the Technical Management of the project.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies:
• HND/B.Sc (Information Technology/Electrical & Electronics Engineering/Computer Science
• 2-5 years of relevant experience
• CCNA certifications
• Technical knowledge of SDH and IP Technology will be an added advantage.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and other computer application such as trouble ticketing
• Industry experience in a customer facing unit/department preferred.
• Understanding of Main One’s products and processes.
• Eager and quick to learn.
• Good communication skills (Written & Verbal).
• Able to use initiative to tackle a broad range of problems, while still following procedures and processes.
• Good diagnostic, analysis and problem resolution skills with a flexible approach to problem solving.
• Capable of multi-tasking, good time management and prioritisation of workload.
• Strong analytical skills and able to collate and interpret data from various sources.
• Ability to assess and prioritise faults and respond or escalate accordingly.
• Willing to learn and develop new skills and actively seeks out tasks that help develop skills and knowledge.
• Actively seeks ways of improving existing systems and processes.
• ‘Can do’ attitude.
• Actively encourage strong working relationships with other teams.
• Good technical documentation skills
• Ability and willingness to work round the clock when required, and meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to travel within and out of the country at short notice
The SLA Management Officer will liaise with cross functional units to ensure quality performance of all services provided to MainOne Customers. He/She will establish good relationship with all customers, report and track resolution on any issue that may affect SLA commitment to our customers.
• Establishing and assuring the contracted service quality.
• Work with operations team & vendor Management to obtain Service Improvement plan for non-performing vendors.
• Escalate repeat incidents for Management’s visibility.
• Review customer’s performance report for accuracy before sending to customers.
• Engage customers for convenient window for maintenance activities and feedback the operations team.
• Advise technical on areas of low performance and request improvement plan.
• Reconciliation of availability reports and service performance with customers.
• Liaising with Finance for processing customers compensation in case of SLA breaches.
• Supporting GNOC by providing customers escalation matrix.
• Working with operations to ensure newly connected customers are included on the Network Monitoring tools such as inter-mapper, IV portal e.t.c
• Assist in managing customers in case of POP outages and prolong service outage.
• Engaging customers for service review meetings.
• Working with IP team to report customer traffic utilization trend for upsell, cross sell opportunities.
• Collaborating with the GNOC to identify customers who have powered down their communication devices over a period of 1 week, for escalation to Account manager’s engagement for likely churn.
• Continually be in the face of the customers via phone calls, emails and visit a means of retaining customers.
• Advise operations team on terminated services for equipment retrieval and removal of such circuits from monitoring tools to free up licenses for future use.
• Work with all stakeholders to ensure maximum customer satisfaction at all times.
To work directly under the supervision of the Service Delivery Supervisor.
• B.Sc. Degree in any relevant discipline.
• 1-2 years post NYSC experience
• CCNA and ITIL V3 Certification preferred
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Good relationship management skills
• Good analytical skills
Demands of the Job:
• Ability to pay attention to detail
• Ability to work independently
To apply, visit MainOne Career Page