If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
ActionAid is an anti-poverty agency that prioritises works with the poor and excluded; promoting values and commitment in civil society, institutions and governments with the aim of achieving structural changes in order to eradicate injustices and poverty in the world. ActionAid Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, an International Non-Governmental organisation registered in The Netherlands with its headquarters in Johannesburg South Africa. ActionAid International works in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas.
ActionAid Nigeria will be implementing System and Structure Strengthening Approach against Radicalization to Violent Extremism project in Kogi State. The project will contribute to behavioural change as well as contribute to addressing issues that create conditions for radicalisation such as unemployment, out of school cases, poverty, livelihood challenge, exclusion and inequality. This will be done by working with communities to understand contextual analysis, factors and issues of vulnerability, capacity to address them and support for groups and community resilience building and action. The project will be contributing to building inclusive, cooperative and cohesive people and communities that will be in position to checkmate initiation of radicalisation opportunity. These activities will draw potential violence actors and perpetrators away from possible incentives to radicalisation and violence.
- The Project Officer will be working on a project titled System and Structure Strengthening Approach against Radicalization to Violent Extremism.
- The post holder will be based in Kogi, Nigeria and will be working with communities to understand contextual analysis, factors and issues of vulnerability, capacity to address them and support for groups and community resilience building and action.
- S/he will report directly to the Program Manager, Human Security in Conflict and Emergencies (HSCE).
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Programme Planning, Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Provide technical assistance to communities on counter-messaging and narratives of violent extremist groups
- Develop quarterly plans within the framework of the project in general but particularly the agreed objectives and outputs for the year, in collaboration with partner organisation and the communities for the delivery of activities in support project objectives.
- Implement on timely basis, agreed activities but also taking advantage of unplanned activities that may impact on the project.
- Maintain, in collaboration with other partner in the field and the IASL unit, an efficient. M&E system that traces performance in process, progress in results and allows for easy retrieval of information.
- Provide information to AAN that would link AAN’s national level policy advocacy work with community/state level issues.
- Serve as liaison with communities and stakeholders on project communications and implementation of activities
- Prepare Activity based Grants, Budget and support Communities in implementation
- Report to Manager, Human Security in Conflict & Emergencies
Reporting and Accountability:
- Submit to Program Manager timely informative reports, showing progress towards outputs and objectives of the project
- Develop concept note for each programme activity for approval by the line manager.
- Submit situational and any other non-routine reports when necessary or when asked to
- Facilitate the sharing of information among stakeholders.
- Submit success stories or case studies on lessons learnt for sharing.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for collaboration and other forms of engagement by AAN outside the ambit of the Project.
- Participate in programme meetings of the AAN Team, sharing experiences from the field, bringing up issues of general programme nature for collective decision making
- Participate in and contribute to the development of AAN annual plans and budgets
- Submit timely financial reports on funds released for activities in the state ensuring compliance with AAN financial reporting requirements.
- Support partners to develop realistic budgets, linking budgets to planned and agreed activities.
- Actively source for and participate in fundraising activity for AAN including developing concept notes and proposals.
- Represent AAN in the state - including attending meetings on behalf of AAN
- Carry out any other responsibilities assigned by the Program Manager.
- Partners, Donors, CSOs, project communities and relevant Government agencies.
- Bachelor's degree in Conflict & Peace Studies, social sciences or arts/humanities
- Masters’ degree in a relevant field
- Membership of relevant professional Institute
- At least Five (5) years post NYSC experience
- Four (4) years’ experience in a similar position in the development sector preferably in community based work.
- Experience of working with communities in conflict
- Experience in organisational capacity development especially public sector institutions.
- Experience in media relations
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to provide practical solutions within set deadlines.
- Ability to maintain donor relationship and accountability in line with funding policies and standards.
- Excellent skills to motivate and inspire a functional team will be essential
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Multi-tasking skills
- Negotiation skills
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills
- Ability to manage conflict
- Ability to motivate others to engage
- Group facilitation skills
- Ability to build and maintain community relationships
- Highly numerate
- Excellent Skills in Programme Information Management
- Mobilisation skills
- Strong community engagement skills
- A person of integrity, creative and takes initiative,
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times.
- A self motivated person able to work without close supervision
- Able to effectively promote AAN’s mission, values, and objectives
- Proven Leadership Qualities
Method of Application
Applicants should kindly send their applications in MSWord attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject line of emails must state clearly the Name of Applicant, Job Title of position and Location applied for e.g. Ibrahim, Joy: Project Officer - Kogi
Click Here to View Description
Click here to download the Application Form
- Only Electronically submitted forms will be considered. Scanned application forms will be disregarded.
- ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from women are particularly encouraged.
- While we respect all applicants, interview date will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.