Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer and as the Chief Financial Officer of the University is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- For the vacant post, the University seeks candidates with the vision, proven academic distinction, managerial ability, integrity and transparency in private and public life.
- The candidate should have the ability to develop linkages with the external communities to support the emerging needs of the University, command respect and engender cooperation and loyalty of staff and students of the University.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates must possess a good honours degree in Accounting or related discipline as well as recognised professional qualifications, such as ICAN, ACA, ANAN, CPA, ACMA or ACCA. Possession of a higher degree will be an advantage.
- The candidate should have at least fifteen years cognate experience preferably in a University or comparable institution.
Salary and Conditions of Service
The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of a Bursar of all Nigerian Federal Universities and as may be determined from time to time by the Federal Government of Nigeria/Governing Council as appropriate.
Method of Application
Applicants should apply with 40 copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) along with the vision for the position, providing information on the following:
- Full Name
- Place and Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Permanent Home Address
- Email and Phone Numbers
- Qualifications with Dates (photocopies to be attached)
- Statement of Experience including full details of former and present posts
- Vision of the University in the next five years with particular reference to funds generation and management (not more than 500 words)
- Other activities outside current employment
All applications are to be submitted under confidential cover with envelope marked "Post of the Bursar, UDU, Sokoto" addressed to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Usmanu Danfodiyo University,