The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an international medical organization, founded in 2009. ALIMA’s aim is to provide a high standard of healthcare in situations of emergency or medical disaster and to improve the practice of humanitarian medicine by developing innovative projects associated with medical research. The specific feature of the association is to base its operating methods mainly on partnership with national medical players. By pooling and capitalizing on their skills, ALIMA and its partners give as many people as possible access to a high standard of treatment.
The Project Coordinator works as part of the country coordination team and is based in the field project, leading and managing project activities and teams:
- Definition and implementation of ALIMA medical activities: Responsive to the medical needs of the community in the field, the project coordinator leads the definition of the intervention strategy:
- Is responsible for implementation of project activities by coordinating the optimal use of medical, logistical, financial and human resources.
- Supports the team in the analyses of medical data, activity indicators and quality of care.
- Ensures the continuity and coherence of the health structures medical, paramedical and logistics activities.
- Is responsible for the implementation of the team health policy.
- Supporting and leading the field team: organise the team's work, ensure they are aware of the challenges of the mission and facilitate their participation in the momentum of the association.
- Create a spirit of trust and collaboration
- Delegate responsibilities to the different managers in the team and adapt his/her support to each of them
- Lead regular team meetings and ensure communication is at its peak at all times
- Typically manages a direct team composed of: a Logistics Manager, a Medical Activity Manager, an Administrator
- Monitoring and assessment of activities, objectives and resources: monitor indicators and developments in the situation to ensure that operational strategy is aligned with the resources deployed and the needs of our patients.
- Security of teams and operations:
- Directly responsible for gathering information in order to analyse the local context and understand the implications for the team and operations security
- ensure that field security measures are in place, understood by all the teams and adapted to the evolution of the situation
- ensure communication with the coordination team on matters relating to security to help analyze better the situation with all information at hand
- monitor the situation in the field through advanced networking and relationship building with all the parties present (authorities, power groups, community groups, ministry of health representatives, ….)
- foster the involvement of the team he or she is leading in understanding the environment they are working in and sharing relevant information as they arise
- Networking: develop and maintain a network of contacts, including any partners and the authorities in order to be able to take appropriate action as the situation evolves.
- Representing ALIMA on project issues towards local communities, authorities & their counterparts and towards UN agencies and other nongovernmental organizations in the project area while taking into account the goals, objectives and strategy for the mission as a whole.
- Promoting ALIMA’s identity and principles as an independent humanitarian medical organization.
- Negotiating with different actors and stakeholders.
- Financial Management and reporting
- Contribution to create, review and update policies and reports such as country policies, annual plans and trimester reports.
- Preparing and monitor project proposals, budgets and evaluations.
- In collaboration with the Project Administrator, ensuring correct implementation of the administration including bookkeeping, national staff salary administration and cash flow planning.
- Provide regular monthly reports on programmatic, security and contextual matters.
- Liaising with the country management team as appropriate
SELECTION ESSENTIAL CRITERIA
- HUMANITARIAN FIELD EXPERIENCE: at least 5 years professional experience in a project management capacity, international and/or healthcare/medical management preferred.
- Extensive experience (professional or travel) outside of your home country, experience in remote/low-resource settings is an asset.
- Proven (people) management and communication skills leading a multidisciplinary team.
- Strong organization skills.
- Proven ability in being responsible for delegated security management.
- Proven affinity with humanitarian and medical issues in complex crisis situations.
- Excellent negotiation and diplomacy skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to represent ALIMA with national and international counterparts.
- Deep understanding of humanitarian principles
- Solid command of English, Hausa and French are an asset
- French Short term contract for international candidates
- Nigerian short term contract for Nigerian candidates
- 6 weeks to 3 months
- Starting 1st of August, but if you are available only from September please DO send you application
- according to experience
- starting at 1 703 euros net per month + contribution to country social systems for European nationals
- starting at 2 843 euros net per month for all other Nationalities (including Nigerians) for whom we cannot contribute to country social systems
- medical insurance for expatriate and family (including family members that are home based: spouse and children)
- medical evacuation insurance
Method of Application
If you believe you meet the criteria, please send your Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com (no need for a motivation letter, we will discuss that during the interview).
Applications close 5.00pm AEST Monday 27th July 2016. Please note that since we receive A LOT of applications daily, we do ONLY contact candidates that meet the selection criteria stated above.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale